How to get 2 more inches of a lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to make a **** joke and say something along the lines of consulting with your physician to get 2 more inches, but holy **** Fox coilovers! You scored there man thats awesome! Your truck is already leaps and bounds ahead of most trucks with those.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP I'll tell you what. I'll trade you my bils at 2.8 and you send me those, I'll take the problem off your hands lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
I was going to make a **** joke and say something along the lines of consulting with your physician to get 2 more inches, but holy **** Fox coilovers! You scored there man thats awesome! Your truck is already leaps and bounds ahead of most trucks with those.

hah funny man..and thats good then so what can i buy to make it taller under a 1k budget or do i need to save more money and get something more expensive

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hah funny man..and thats good then so what can i buy to make it taller under a 1k budget or do i need to save more money and get something more expensive
Well you already have great front suspension. Maybe just do a body lift.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO

Personally with that good of a suspension on there, I wouldn't go body lift. A 4" would probably be your best bet if you want to maintain more like the current ride you have now.

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
Personally with that good of a suspension on there, I wouldn't go body lift. A 4" would probably be your best bet if you want to maintain more like the current ride you have now.

damn imma have to investigate some more then

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would you still use the spacers on top of the Fox coilovers or do you just not use spacers? For the big 4 or 6" lifts I mean.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Would you still use the spacers on top of the Fox coilovers or do you just not use spacers? For the big 4 or 6" lifts I mean.

In this case you would still use the strut spacers on top of the coilovers. If you wanted to not use spacers you'd need to get the BDS Fox coilovers for a 6" lift as they're longer.

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd order directly from them.. I didn't see anything saying if it came with rear spacers or replacement coils. Defiantly make sure you get the replacement coils and you can defiantly do that on their website.

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
So since I have the fox coilovers if I get the zone 6" lift would the fox coilovers stay in there? and would It still have me at around 6 or would I be taller?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes you would keep the Fox coilovers with the lift. The overall height that you end up with is going to depend on what you have the coilovers set at. If you set them down to stock height you can be as low as 4.875" of lift (which is what the Zone strut spacer will give you). If you have them up to 2" then you'll obviously be at 6.875" of lift.

Depending on where you want the front end to be at you will either want the 3" or 5" rear coils to get the truck sitting how you want. If you want it lower and level, then the 3" coils will be the right option for you. If you want it higher then go with the 5" rear coils.

Shoot an email to [email protected] and let them know I sent you. They'll get you a good quote for either kit option that you're looking at.

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
Yes you would keep the Fox coilovers with the lift. The overall height that you end up with is going to depend on what you have the coilovers set at. If you set them down to stock height you can be as low as 4.875" of lift (which is what the Zone strut spacer will give you). If you have them up to 2" then you'll obviously be at 6.875" of lift.

Depending on where you want the front end to be at you will either want the 3" or 5" rear coils to get the truck sitting how you want. If you want it lower and level, then the 3" coils will be the right option for you. If you want it higher then go with the 5" rear coils.

Shoot an email to [email protected] and let them know I sent you. They'll get you a good quote for either kit option that you're looking at.

alright thanks man so if my coilovers are set at 2" id need the 5" rear coils

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want to be at the 6.875" of front end lift and level, then yes. If you want it lower it's easy to crank the coilovers down. All up to you and where you want the truck to sit.

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
If you want to be at the 6.875" of front end lift and level, then yes. If you want it lower it's easy to crank the coilovers down. All up to you and where you want the truck to sit.

thanks man now i need to find some good fender flares

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7

i got a shop telling me that in order to install the zone lift kit i would need to put back in my factory struts?