How to get 2 more inches of a lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i got a shop telling me that in order to install the zone lift kit i would need to put back in my factory struts?

You can keep the coilovers no problem. You just would skip the step of putting in the pre load spacer that's in the kit. You would only use the big spacer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
i got a shop telling me that in order to install the zone lift kit i would need to put back in my factory struts?

Exactly what Csanders said above. You can use the Fox coilovers no problem. The shop just needs to install the strut spacer on top of the coilover and leave out the preload spacer. It will all bolt together just like installing a normal Zone kit would with the exception of leaving the preload spacer out.

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
so y'all were saying to stay away from rough country lifts? went into a shop today and he was kind of busy so he only gave me a quote for that rough country 2.0 lift for 1,700 installed.....another thing i notice i see a lot of lifted trucks in my city with the huge Rough country sticker on the back windshield on newer trucks like denalis, silverados, and sierra so I'm like damn all the bad reviews and they still use them on nice trucks?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so y'all were saying to stay away from rough country lifts? went into a shop today and he was kind of busy so he only gave me a quote for that rough country 2.0 lift for 1,700 installed.....another thing i notice i see a lot of lifted trucks in my city with the huge Rough country sticker on the back windshield on newer trucks like denalis, silverados, and sierra so I'm like damn all the bad reviews and they still use them on nice trucks?

Yes, I would recommend staying away from Rough Country. Your money can be spent better elsewhere.
Their kits will be slightly different between different trucks. Silverado's and Sierra's obviously have a completely different suspension design and therefore different components so some of the issues that exist with the Ram kits won't exist with those. But overall I'd still stay away from Rough Country for everything.

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
Yes, I would recommend staying away from Rough Country. Your money can be spent better elsewhere.
Their kits will be slightly different between different trucks. Silverado's and Sierra's obviously have a completely different suspension design and therefore different components so some of the issues that exist with the Ram kits won't exist with those. But overall I'd still stay away from Rough Country for everything.

oh ok thanks i was just wondering when i seen the big rough country sticker on their rear windshield. but does this quote sound about right 6 in zone installed and aligned for 2303? then they charging 470 for the rough country fender flares but as I'm looking at the pictures on google i dont like how the rcx flares end near the headlight compared to the bushwhackers

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
oh ok thanks i was just wondering when i seen the big rough country sticker on their rear windshield. but does this quote sound about right 6 in zone installed and aligned for 2303? then they charging 470 for the rough country fender flares but as I'm looking at the pictures on google i dont like how the rcx flares end near the headlight compared to the bushwhackers

oh my bad i just seen where u answered on the quote one, i thought u never answered the stay away from rough country thing i asked until right now so thats why i made up a new quote thread but thanks for the help!

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
Exactly what Csanders said above. You can use the Fox coilovers no problem. The shop just needs to install the strut spacer on top of the coilover and leave out the preload spacer. It will all bolt together just like installing a normal Zone kit would with the exception of leaving the preload spacer out.

so the shop should know that right? itll be installed in a zone authorized dealer spot..

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so the shop should know that right? itll be installed in a zone authorized dealer spot..

I would reiterate the information to them just to be sure. I've seen a number of "experienced" shops install preload spacers on Bilsteins. It never hurts to double check by having the conversation with them.

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
I would reiterate the information to them just to be sure. I've seen a number of "experienced" shops install preload spacers on Bilsteins. It never hurts to double check by having the conversation with them.

they said something about that with the fox coilovers it will still sit 2 inches taller up front since thats how the fox coilovers come? and it wont be leveled?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
they said something about that with the fox coilovers it will still sit 2 inches taller up front since thats how the fox coilovers come? and it wont be leveled?

That will make it sit level, not nose high. Plus, they're coilovers. They can be adjusted to be lower. Sounds to me like it's time to find a new shop.

OP
OP
A

allblackedout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
semi 5.7
That will make it sit level, not nose high. Plus, they're coilovers. They can be adjusted to be lower. Sounds to me like it's time to find a new shop.

yeah they said they could lower it so it won't be too tall in the front so i said yeah and too late for that ha they already installed most of it ha just waiting for them to finish

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca