I Give Up!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
I started this "thread" because I can not find a General Discussion forum about any and ALL Ram's! Or am I computer stupid - Don't answer as I know. It seems that you MUST pick a generation or speciality truck first. then you can go to a "general discussion" in that section. What about "stuff" that can/and does pertain to all generations: How about those that as of yet do not own ANY generation. and for those that do things like: tire choices,transmissions, cleaning tips (inside or out), Trips that we have taken, Places we have been, How we got here, what our background is ( for those that want to share their background or make one up). These ideas and any others we might have that could benfit/annoy others. You could even talk about trucks that were called "DODGE". I know that there is a stand alone Dodge truck forum. Maybe we could become US.
Is there such a forum?? if so how do you get there? See why I told ya all not to answer. I am sure there are thing that pertain to all generations, who wants to type things multiple times??

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If your looking to talk anything mechanical with a Ram truck, that information is usually specific for what Generation of truck. There are somethings that cross between like tires/rims but for the most part everything is unique to the generation of the truck.

There is The Lounge for things not specific to trucks: https://www.ramforum.com/forums/the-lounge.26/
Alo if you want to talk about garage equipment/tools: https://www.ramforum.com/forums/garage.8/

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I usually start with the forum subsection that has the most posts (usually the "general questions", unless it's obviously a performance/bodywork or other question I have which is obviously more closely related to those other particular subsections.

If there was simply one-section there would be so many posts, threads would be superceeded by other (newer) threads in hours ....and slip out of site before they got many answers ...or enough guys viewed them. And also, many participants are more adept at answering performance-related questions, for example, while other guys may be more knowledgeable with electrical.. or body ..and so on.

One-size-fits-all forums have been tried in the past and the reason most sites have subsections is because they seem to work better. Most smaller, less-frequented sites are uni-section ...but then it's just the site owner, a handful of Gen-Xers and a lot of crickets hanging around their computers with a much smaller knowledge-pool. :happy107:

Last edited:
OP
OP
1 MEAN66

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Well it was just a thought. I'm Old and get at least one or two a year.