I know I should be happy but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atxrob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a new Ram 1500 CC Laramie. Its mineral grey and has all the goodies. Its gorgeous. It rides like a dream. It's luxurious inside. It HAULS ASS compared to all the other trucks i test drove. I have installed the Daystar leveling kit, Huskey floor matts, and i have just ordered the factory remote start (i think bought the only Laramie on the planet that didnt have it). I got a smokin good deal on it, msrp was 47k and i bought it for 36k. I should be elated right?

But I am not. Every morning when i get in my truck i look at that HUGE back seat and think why?? I am a single guy with no kids.. I was told by everyone not to get the quad cab, and now i am regretting it. I feel like i am driving an SUV not a truck. Also i didnt get the ram box installed. What an IDIOT! I have a lot of tools, and tie downs and other handy item that i want to carry with me in the truck. And now i have no where to put them. The back seat is huge, but there is no room under the seats (very little anyway).

So, i guess my question is... Am i being a spoiled little *****, or should i take my truck back and get the quad cab with the ram box. And if i do what kind of hit am i going to take on the trade in? What say you?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
If you remove the lids over the rear storage, there is alot more room to keep tools and stuff like that. The ram Boxes are nice, but they also take away alot of bed space, so there is a trade off. If you take it back, you are going to end up losing on the deal, so I would roll with what you have.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Do you have the fold flat flloors under the rear seat? You could use that area to store tools on rather than trying to utilize the back seat.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
man that is a tough one, but if you are not happy with what you got you most likely never will be. Unfortunately you would probably take a big hit on a trade in...but never hurts to go and find out

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i thought the crew cabs didn't have the fold flat floors

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I'm about same age as you, went from a Yukon and bought a 2 door...midlife I guess...but I DO miss the backseat...even though it's just me and the wife now, next one I'm getting will be a quad...space, and resale.
RCSB limits potential buyers.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
nope.

RompinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I would just try to make it how you like it. Everything is customizeable! I wasn't a fan of a lot of things with my truck when I first bought it. But now I'm really happy with it.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
oh well owning a laramie cc as a college student i feel the same way most of the time.... i could have kept my sincgle cab and been happy.... 95% of the time i have either just me or me and my gf. i have almost no use for this truck but i dam sure aint giving it back unless its for a fully loaded sport with 4x4 or even a laramie 4x4:D haha id prob do it for something that might roal a little coal:naughty: but lets face it that aint happening and this ***** is mine:D

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have only one choice. Do something BEAST with that space. Do something those of us with kids can only dream of.
WALL OF SUBS. That is all.

Attachments

• 4Amps8Subs2Batteries.jpg
    4Amps8Subs2Batteries.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 116

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't complain about having a truck with resale value and the room to easily carry a dog, or a pair of skis.

I love my reg cab, but it gets annoying too often.

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i personally hate regular cab trucks, sure they look the best, very sporty, love the looks, but they fall short on usefulness in my opinion. hell it's a pain in the ass to go grocery shopping even. i have had a handful of regular cab trucks and but the last few have been few cabs. not a fan of putting my tools in the box of my truck, seen way to much **** stolen lately. pretty sure i'd cry like a little girl if i came outside and seen my snap-on **** down :nono: is this your work truck? how many tools does one really need when driving a new truck?

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ill trade you my black quad cab long horn :) haha I bought the quad thinking It's only me most of the time traveling for work. But ill get the 4 doors for more space and if i do have to haul ppl. Now i haul ppl and hear them complain about why i didnt get a crew cab. aint life a bitc#..lol

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
agree...use that space :D

Attachments

• Toyota_Tundra_Subs copy.jpg
    Toyota_Tundra_Subs copy.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 114

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
i personally hate regular cab trucks, sure they look the best, very sporty, love the looks, but they fall short on usefulness in my opinion. hell it's a pain in the ass to go grocery shopping even. i have had a handful of regular cab trucks and but the last few have been few cabs. not a fan of putting my tools in the box of my truck, seen way to much **** stolen lately. pretty sure i'd cry like a little girl if i came outside and seen my snap-on **** down :nono: is this your work truck? how many tools does one really need when driving a new truck?

was my worry, so added this:
locks from inside.

Attachments

• 2012-05-15 19.53.32.jpg
    2012-05-15 19.53.32.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Dodge 12.jpg
    Dodge 12.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 103

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member