I need input guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
As everyone knows now I sold my red sport for a new 2012 Ram 3500 Mega cab. I have been busy paying off my new camper so my money has not gone into mods quite yet. I plan to start my big mods when I retire here in 6 months. This is where I need help on how to turn my new big truck into a one of a kind show stopper. I was going to focus on paying off this 60k truck frist but I decided to pay it half down then go big on the mods so here is what I have planned. I am going with a 6" long arm lift with 37's on some 20" BMF novakane wheels. I am going to put a ram air hood
2010%20RamHD%20Hood%20811500%20lg.jpg
and a camper shell. I also will throw some bushwacker pocket fender flares and Iron cross pre-runner front and rear bumpers on it. I will also throw a bunch in the performance side but my big issue is with paint. I have the plain black with out flakes in it and I am just not feeling plain black so here is what I am thinking. I want to re-paint the truck with either like the top black and bottom a dark blue like the h&s truck. I have though about a silver or gun-metal wave a few inches thick in the middle of the truck. I have also though about doing a blue truck with black bottom trim. I am also thinking about a blue truck with black stripes on it. Does anyone have any input or pictures of things you guys like or think I should look into. I am trying to keep the paint job under 12k. Thanks for the input guys.

Not my truck but a idea of how it will look with lift and wheels.
2010MegaCab_Novakane_4-1.jpg

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Oh also the chrome handles, mirros, and grille will be swapped for painted ones.

Dave I will talk with you later on this but I would like to use your new business to do most of the build. I'll be living in either TN or AR when I start the build. I plan on trying to have th painter that did the headhunter do my paint. I hope to get into Sema in 2014.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that's gonna be bad ass....i love the bmf novakane wheels

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I'm not sure you will be to happy with the way a long arm kit rides

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
This is gonna be an awesome build. I like the idea of a silver/gun metal (or even mineral grey) wave in the middle to break up the black, but personally I would leave it black, or at least mostly black. When it's clean black looks amazing.

Just curious, why a 6" kit over 8" and 38s?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
wow! VERY nice!!!

shipmasta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
I am doing something wrong, what do you do that's allowing you to retire at age 30?

Nice truck by the way.

Rayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ My thoughts exactly!

Either way, this is going to be a fun build to watch. :)

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
I believe he is getting out of the Army at 30 and going on to become a profisherman i want to say, Madcow correct me if i am wrong.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I've heard mixed things of the ride of long arm kits
My only experience woth them has been in jeeps, the rode wasnt nearly what i had expected and both jeeps are constanly getting hung up on their control arms
A properly set up short arm kit will ride better and perform better, under 6" IMO

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm not sure you will be to happy with the way a long arm kit rides
I will geT the relocation and stabilator bars. I was told for a truck as long as mine is a long arm should be the route I need to take.
Can't wait to see this bad boy done!!!!

If he goes with the BDS kit it will ride good.

I'm thinking BDS or Carli.

This is gonna be an awesome build. I like the idea of a silver/gun metal (or even mineral grey) wave in the middle to break up the black, but personally I would leave it black, or at least mostly black. When it's clean black looks amazing.

Just curious, why a 6" kit over 8" and 38s?

I tried to climb into a 8" lifted 2500 with 47's and due to my combat injuries it just plane hurt to climb in,
I am doing something wrong, what do you do that's allowing you to retire at age 30?

Nice truck by the way.

I don't talk about this but I have been blown up twice on deployments and due to my injuries from combat I get to retire young after only 13 years of service.

I believe he is getting out of the Army at 30 and going on to become a profisherman i want to say, Madcow correct me if i am wrong.

I do plan on fishing tournaments when I get out for extra spending money.

Thanks for input guys. What are your thoughts on painting it?