I will never buy another mopar product in ny life !!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While not Chevy, I can say I had near zero problems and great dealer support in the nearly 63K miles or so on my f150 which is considerably better than than my Ram when it only had 6K miles on it.

You are on a Ram forum, so obviously folks here are going to complain about issues with other manufacturers and thats why they switched.. But go over to ford and gm forums, and typically you'll hear the same things about Ram, and thats why they aren't driving Ram any longer.
Such is the life of the internet.

Funny, most of those forums have their own complaints.

Apparently the world thinks different since Ram's sale's numbers keep increasing and have even passed Chevy.

I work on the interior of all vehicles and I can say Ford is much more cheaply built, but at least it stays together. Chevy's fall apart quickly.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny, most of those forums have their own complaints.

Apparently the world thinks different since Ram's sale's numbers keep increasing and have even passed Chevy.

I work on the interior of all vehicles and I can say Ford is much more cheaply built, but at least it stays together. Chevy's fall apart quickly.

I dunno, looking at numbers in August, (of this year) Chevy had about a 40K unit lead over ram, I looked at September and October as well, By October it was nearly 60K more..November looks like about 60K more as well.
But Im not a fan of Chevy anyway, Cant think of an IRS on the front of a HD truck..

Last edited:

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At any rate, Ram produces a decent truck IMO, however it seem,s dealer support is hit and miss, and can make something small be one of those" I'll never buy it again" moments.
I enjoy my truck, However I hope WHEN I get to dealer number 2, hopefully the issues I have get resolved because they weren't with dealer no.1 They are very blatant, and its extremely hard to understand a dealer saying it's normal.

On the other hand, Hey, it's Christmas time, I have money in the bank, and gas in the tank so it's all small potato's at this point anyway.

Last edited:

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dunno, looking at numbers in August, (of this year) Chevy had about a 40K unit lead over ram, I looked at September and October as well, By October it was nearly 60K more..November looks like about 60K more as well.
But Im not a fan of Chevy anyway, Cant think of an IRS on the front of a HD truck..

GM has had the best selling light duty pickups in the US for several years in reality. While the F150 is generally touted as the best selling vehicle in the US, if you add up Chevy and GMC together, they have handily outsold all others for quite a few years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ramguy69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted an update in a while. I was able to contact the general manager of the dealership, but I felt really didn't care. On Friday December 8th the dealership contacted me and told me he number 8 piston failed. Then on Wednesday December 13th the dealership contact me again and said there were two vehicles in front of mine and mine was scheduled to be looked at the following week. Next week? Really? You had my vehicle now for two and a half weeks and you've done nothing. At this point I'm just over it.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted an update in a while. I was able to contact the general manager of the dealership, but I felt really didn't care. On Friday December 8th the dealership contacted me and told me he number 8 piston failed. Then on Wednesday December 13th the dealership contact me again and said there were two vehicles in front of mine and mine was scheduled to be looked at the following week. Next week? Really? You had my vehicle now for two and a half weeks and you've done nothing. At this point I'm just over it.

Sorry to hear about this.

Long wait is pretty normal for dealership service. They are operating on their terms, to increase efficiency and profits for them - since the warranty repairs pay less than non warranty.

I just had my truck in dealer for 3 weeks to fix manifold bolts, then they broke the right head, and then kept my truck for another 5 weeks to replace the right head. Most of this time was waiting for the Engine tech to be available as there were other trucks ahead of me, and parts were on the backorder for 3 weeks.

Good luck

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
GM has had the best selling light duty pickups in the US for several years in reality. While the F150 is generally touted as the best selling vehicle in the US, if you add up Chevy and GMC together, they have handily outsold all others for quite a few years now.

I've read the same thing...

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I completely disagree that this is normal.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I agree, this is soo not normal at this point.. they kept his vehicle, performed a service and now the part hey worked on (motor) has completely failed again in just a few miles.. THIS vehicle should be at the front of the line, No questions.. Unless the 2 in front of him had the same the same extremely poor service and also grenades their engine.. sounds like that is highly likely there. This dealership should be bending over backwards and kissing his hind end at this point

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Unfortunately it's only going to get worse. Finding and keeping good technicians.
Manufactures make money by selling vehicles, warranty work is looked at as expense period.
Until something changes at the corporate level, unlikely. Most new young guys look at it as a job only, not a profession.
FCA squeezes the Dealers, dealers squeeze their payroll.
Most people in the car business, Corporate and dealership level are not "car" people anymore. No respect for what it takes to be a good tech, you can see the attitude in the forums also, "It's easy you hook up a scan tool, it tells you what's wrong with the car, Youtube how to replace the part, easy".
No knowledge on how various mechanical or electrical systems actually work needed.
Give us your high school drop outs, fast food workers or ex cons, we will have them work on cars, it's amazing the quality you can get for that minimum wage.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Unfortunately it's only going to get worse. Finding and keeping good technicians.
Manufactures make money by selling vehicles, warranty work is looked at as expense period.
Until something changes at the corporate level, unlikely. Most new young guys look at it as a job only, not a profession.
FCA squeezes the Dealers, dealers squeeze their payroll.
Most people in the car business, Corporate and dealership level are not "car" people anymore. No respect for what it takes to be a good tech, you can see the attitude in the forums also, "It's easy you hook up a scan tool, it tells you what's wrong with the car, Youtube how to replace the part, easy".
No knowledge on how various mechanical or electrical systems actually work needed.
Give us your high school drop outs, fast food workers or ex cons, we will have them work on cars, it's amazing the quality you can get for that minimum wage.

You get what you pay for. If a business pays a decent wage they will get and retain good techs. Check out Mike Rowes programs on training and placing blue collar workers. A great program showing the benefits of people working with their hands.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You get what you pay for. If a business pays a decent wage they will get and retain good techs. Check out Mike Rowes programs on training and placing blue collar workers. A great program showing the benefits of people working with their hands.
Agreed, I just had to vent a little.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little bit of venting, but a little bit of truth too!

Customer has complaint....shop foreman acknowledges complaint is valid, immediately says "not sure there is anything I can do about it". Checks computer for STAR cases and/or TSBs. Finds none. Pulls a "new" truck off the lot, has same issue...."characteristic of vehicle", sends customer on their way.

At no point did they even look at the customer's (my 1000 mile old) truck, for ANTYHING. Not on a lift, not even pulled into a bay to give a glance.

So yeah, there is no troubleshooting anymore. Cheaper, easier, faster to find another one that does the same thing and then say they all do it. Nevermind if its 2 different issues, or if 1 of them might even have a valid issue. But hey they did say they would contact me if they ever found a TSB for it.

Slight tangent - if the answer is "wait for a TSB", how would any dealer ever find an issue that needs a TSB if all the other dealers all waiting around for a TSB to show up?

Last edited:

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Lol, they probably have a few identified brand new trucks on the lot which they can show to the customer and say that they all are ticking, it's normal!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, they probably have a few identified brand new trucks on the lot which they can show to the customer and say that they all are ticking, it's normal!

I honestly thought that for a bit but figured I was just being paranoid.

Imagine if it were true, though.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
I honestly thought that for a bit but figured I was just being paranoid.

Imagine if it were true, though.
They would be stupid not to do this. Their goal is to get rid of complicated repairs that take a long time to diagnose (for which fca won't pay them) and keep doing easy repairs and non warranty work to maximize profits. It's all about money.

I've even seen local shops that don't want to deal with diagnosing complicated issues, and want to crank out easy jobs that pay well.

Myself including, I do IT work, and trust me I'm not going to waste time figuring out an issue with your computer having intermittent Blue Screen of Death, I'll just tell you to buy a new computer. It's all about money and maximizing profits.

Last edited:

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Myself including, I so IT work, and trust me I'm not going to waste time figuring out an issue with your computer having intermittent Blue Screen of Death, I'll just tell you to buy a new computer. It's all about money and maximizing profits.

I do that on the side, hell I'll troubleshoot all day if they wish...I charge by the hour:naughty:

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little bit of venting, but a little bit of truth too!

Customer has complaint....shop foreman acknowledges complaint is valid, immediately says "not sure there is anything I can do about it". Checks computer for STAR cases and/or TSBs. Finds none. Pulls a "new" truck off the lot, has same issue...."characteristic of vehicle", sends customer on their way.
At no point did they even look at the customer's (my 1000 mile old) truck, for ANTYHING. Not on a lift, not even pulled into a bay to give a glance.
So yeah, there is no troubleshooting anymore. Cheaper, easier, faster to find another one that does the same thing and then say they all do it. Nevermind if its 2 different issues, or if 1 of them might even have a valid issue. But hey they did say they would contact me if they ever found a TSB for it.
Slight tangent - if the answer is "wait for a TSB", how would any dealer ever find an issue that needs a TSB if all the other dealers all waiting around for a TSB to show up?
Yeah,....that is pretty crappy. I would be pissed off as well.
What is the issue you are having? Maybe do a little research online to see if it is a "common" issue?

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
I agree with you. These trucks are garbage and so are the dealers. If it weren’t for the advise of people on this forum my truck would be a mess of problems. It was at the dealer for a total of 14 days before they called me saying they can’t diagnose the problem. It turned it to be a dirty throttle body. Fixed it myself in 30 min. They’re useless. I was drawn to Chrysler after a few great jeeps. Those days are over. Chrysler produces trash now. 40,000 miles and more problems than any of my 200,000 mile jeeps ever had.
Maybe your truck is garbage but my last two dodge trucks have been pretty much problem free.If you think your truck is garbage SELL IT problem solved.Give ford or chevy a shot,then come back and **** & moan about there garbage trucks..

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah,....that is pretty crappy. I would be pissed off as well.
What is the issue you are having? Maybe do a little research online to see if it is a "common" issue?
The dreaded 2000 rpm vibration. Happens in any gear under acceleration, from about 2000-2300 rpm I can feel a vibration in the floor, gas pedal and steering wheel.

It doesn't seem very common but others have had the issue and I don't think I ever saw anyone with an actual fix m

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357