Increase Throttle Response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you want to emulate what a pedal commander does and improve your throttle change two settings in AlfaOBD:

To Change go into AlfaOBD and follow the steps below:

Body Control Module -> Diagnostics -> Car Configuration Change

ECUConfig14 /Acceleration Threshold: Filter Off

ECUConfig14 /Acceleration Factor: Filter Off

This made a huge difference in my throttle response. I've seen a few people debating whether it actually does anything but I can confirm that if you set it to those settings you will feel a difference in throttle.

Last edited:

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very interesting. Does it make the pedal seem "too sensitive"?

Never driven a truck with the pedal commander.

OP
OP
USPatriot1776

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Personally I don't think so. It just feels like there isn't any lag between when you press the pedal and when the trucks throttle opens up. There are a few other settings in there that could further tune the way you want it to be I imagine they will have less of an effect on them though as they are already pretty low to begin with.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like Pedal Commander for its ability to activate and deactivate with the push of a button. I enjoyed having it on Sport mode when I drove the truck, but now that my wife is the primary driver I have it deactivated for her because she doesn't care about acceleration or throttle response. If I do drive it somewhere I can turn it back on easily.

OP
OP
USPatriot1776

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like Pedal Commander for its ability to activate and deactivate with the push of a button. I enjoyed having it on Sport mode when I drove the truck, but now that my wife is the primary driver I have it deactivated for her because she doesn't care about acceleration or throttle response. If I do drive it somewhere I can turn it back on easily.
Very true. though for me at least I didn't want to shell out money for a feature I could achieve through AlfaOBD. Ive had a few people telling me its a placebo but I had my dad drive it without telling him I changed anything and he asked what I had done to it as it felt so much nicer to drive.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want to emulate what a pedal commander does and improve your throttle change two settings in AlfaOBD:

ECUConfig14 /Acceleration Threshold: Filter Off

ECUConfig14 /Acceleration Factor: Filter Off

This made a huge difference in my throttle response. I've seen a few people debating whether it actually does anything but I can confirm that if you set it to those settings you will feel a difference in throttle.

Thanks for this information.

I'm new to AlfaOBD, is that the complete path to those settings?

MaxGig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know if you get the same instant throttle response when changing the settings in the BCM.

But I have the Roar Pedal in my 2019 RAM Limited and my truck has the "Hands Off" auto parallel parking feature.

When I used it with my co-workers in the truck, it backed up so fast I almost rammed the truck behind me.

Luckily, I was able to hit the brakes before making contact. I had it set to sport on the lowest setting.

I make sure now to turn it off if I ever decide to parallel park or when I let my wife drive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
USPatriot1776

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for this information.

I'm new to AlfaOBD, is that the complete path to those settings?

They are under your BCM settings in alfa. Connect to your bcm, open diagnostics then find car configuration change, then search Acceleration and you should see those pop up.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I don't know if you get the same instant throttle response when changing the settings in the BCM.

But I have the Roar Pedal in my 2019 RAM Limited and my truck has the "Hands Off" auto parallel parking feature.

When I used it with my co-workers in the truck, it backed up so fast I almost rammed the truck behind me.

Luckily, I was able to hit the brakes before making contact. I had it set to sport on the lowest setting.

I make sure now to turn it off if I ever decide to parallel park or when I let my wife drive.
Reminds me of the Audi sudden unintended acceleration debacle from decades ago.

OP
OP
USPatriot1776

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Wow, yeah from what I can tell this just fully takes advantage of the gas pedal. Pedal commanders can go above and make it way too sensitive this feels like driving an older truck with throttle cables.

If this works for you please let me know, it may take an ignition cycle or two for it to work.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like the Banks Pedal Monster is the better choice when compared to the Pedal Commander. Same list price (+- $4.00) but many more features and a fail safe.

Monster reverting back to OEM controls when in reverse is a big one. As is the failsafe that bypasses the controller to OEM controls if it detects a problem with it, where the others go into limp mode or just loose throttle control completely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
USPatriot1776

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like the Banks Pedal Monster is the better choice when compared to the Pedal Commander. Same list price (+- $4.00) but many more features and a fail safe.

Monster reverting back to OEM controls when in reverse is a big one. As is the failsafe that bypasses the controller to OEM controls if it detects a problem with it, where the others go into limp mode or just loose throttle control completely.
That sounds great, I've noticed with the settings I've changed in alfa that it doesn't increase the throttle sensitivity past, pedal fully depressed = full throttle. It is definitely an option for people who want the best of both worlds.

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally enjoyed the tuning of the pedal response via HP Tuners. Obviously, that's overkill just for throttle tuning, I had other reasons (mods) that warranted getting HP Tuners.

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED

Thanks for the heads up. I love my Banks Pedal Monster. Live in a area where parallel parking is rare.

Do have to watch that I close the app on my phone or it sometimes gets re-set rolling around in my pocket...

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I personally enjoyed the tuning of the pedal response via HP Tuners.

Thats because its the proper way of doing it ;)

That reminds me, I have to upload my winter tune so I dont end up in a ditch... lol...

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wonder if this will help my 12 4.7...
It goes but it's a dog until it gets closer to 3k rpm, then takes off like a shot.
This is my first 4.7, I avoided them for years but got into a bind and needed a truck "now" and also something new enough the bank would loan me money for. (It made that last requirement by the skin of its teeth-- it was the oldest model year that it met that one) I was hoping for something old enough to still have a 5.2/5.9 but no bank assistance there.
This is also the first vehicle I have had that has a claimed 300hp and I've had carbureted 318s with a claimed 150hp that were better off the line than this one. Though it pulls my 4000lb camper better than I thought it would, as doggy as it is unloaded. Seems like it has as much get up and go while towing as it does when not.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I ran the Sprint Booster back in the day on my 06' 300SRT8... I'd always have it set on the ridiculous mode setting, and I loved it!

I could breath on the smash stick and it would launch.... was a great little mod to my car back then.