Increase Throttle Response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just did this to my 2017 Ram 1500, but did t take it out to see the difference yet. I made sure to screen shot the defaults just in case I need to put it back.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So didn't notice much, if any difference. Maybe I'll have to drive it a few times to really tell for sure.

ConorToot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Am I missing something? My AlfaOBD doesn't have Body Control Module, it has Body Computer, unthe the config menu, there are no ECU or acceleration settings at all.
Is this for a certain year Ram or some other AlfaOBD?

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am I missing something? My AlfaOBD doesn't have Body Control Module, it has Body Computer, unthe the config menu, there are no ECU or acceleration settings at all.
Body computer is where you want to go, select your year and connect. Then go to car configuration change and then under options change the two referenced. I noticed no difference after changing this. Just got a 9 drive pedal controller which was under 50 bucks and is phenomenal, it's a pedal commander.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
06-12 is Central Gateway Module Non-Powernet. 13+ is Powernet Body Computer.

Screenshot_20240121_210045_AlfaOBD.jpg

OP
OP
USPatriot1776

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just did this to my 2017 Ram 1500, but did t take it out to see the difference yet. I made sure to screen shot the defaults just in case I need to put it back.
It does take a few key cycles for this to take effect. Ive noticed a significant difference with mine.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It does take a few key cycles for this to take effect. Ive noticed a significant difference with mine.
I did and maybe it did change slightly, but I didn't really notice. I put a 9 drive on and that is an amazing difference

OP
OP
USPatriot1776

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did and maybe it did change slightly, but I didn't really notice. I put a 9 drive on and that is an amazing difference
May just be that some trucks don't change as much, was debating getting one of those but from what ive heard they can cause issues on the CAN bus over time. My next step will be an ECM upgrade, either a pulsar or a diablo one.

ConorToot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
06-12 is Central Gateway Module Non-Powernet. 13+ is Powernet Body Computer.

View attachment 535900
Ahh, so having the 2012 has screwed me over again. I'm having tons of trouble with having a 2012 and compatibility with things like aftermarket head units linking properly to the can bus system and things like this that don't pertain to my truck but work on all of the other models. If I had any credit, I'd sell it and get a newer one, but since I graduated college at the beginning of the pandemic, then went 20 months without getting an interview, my credit has now been ruined for life even though I make $90k per year. At 50 years old I don't exactly feel like declaring bankruptcy to wait seven long years to get back to where I can buy a Ford Fiesta at 30% interest. I'll just forget that this is a possible thing and live with slow throttle response. Thanks for the clarification now, I'll go clear my memory of this post with whiskey, whisky, or bourbon.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is great that there is another possible way to get rid of the throttle lag these trucks have.

IF anyone is interested we do offer the BANKS Pedal Monster which is what we recommend for a throttle response controller. With its fail safe and great reliability that you would expect from BANKS it is the top product of its kind.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
May just be that some trucks don't change as much, was debating getting one of those but from what ive heard they can cause issues on the CAN bus over time. My next step will be an ECM upgrade, either a pulsar or a diablo one.
How much time? Have had mine for 2 years with zero issues. Others I know have had them for 3-4 years zero issues.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much time? Have had mine for 2 years with zero issues. Others I know have had them for 3-4 years zero issues.
Yeah, worst I've seen on various different ones was limp mode which just requires shutting truck off and restarting. I love it, makes driving fun. At least till weather warms up and I can get my bike out. Braaaap

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, worst I've seen on various different ones was limp mode which just requires shutting truck off and restarting. I love it, makes driving fun. At least till weather warms up and I can get my bike out. Braaaap
Yeah, but this about the 9- drive specifically. I hated my PC, nothing but issues. None with the 9-Drive.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Couple years ago I bought and since have been using one.
My father got one about a month after me. We both noticed the difference and was the best bang for the buck. Both trucks are 18s, DRW, & H.O.s.
A few months ago he began to get erroneous throttle codes. We assumed it was throttle body issues so we cleaned it but all appeared fine. Codes and lights continued.
I had him unplug the 9 drive and test. Codes or light never came back. I still have never had an issue.
He kept it out of the system and installed the Banks and loves it. Still no issues anymore for him since removing the 9.
It's electronic, anything can fail.

OP
OP
USPatriot1776

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is great that there is another possible way to get rid of the throttle lag these trucks have.

IF anyone is interested we do offer the BANKS Pedal Monster which is what we recommend for a throttle response controller. With its fail safe and great reliability that you would expect from BANKS it is the top product of its kind.
Might have to check those out, Im okay with what the way its working but would like a little more responsiveness for my truck.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Might have to check those out, Im okay with what the way its working but would like a little more responsiveness for my truck.

message me for a quote or more info if interested. The nice part about it is it is fully adjustable and it uses stock settings for reverse.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will do, wonder if the setting I have mine set on affects it?

I do not know for sure but I would assume it does as it intercepts the signal and adjust it. Only 1 way to find out LoL