Is this normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wherinckx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So I just got my 2018 power wagon back from the body shop and it will not shift into any gear with the truck completely off. No key and brake is not engaged. I swear it didnt do it before as I’ve had to turn the key in the on position and press the brake to get it to shift. Column shifter.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I just got my 2018 power wagon back from the body shop and it will not shift into any gear with the truck completely off. No key and brake is not engaged. I swear it didnt do it before as I’ve had to turn the key in the on position and press the brake to get it to shift. Column shifter.

Sorry, not following what you're asking. Currently your truck will not allow you to shift into any gear with the engine off, no brake and no key. And you're saying that before you had work performed, you had to turn the key on and press the brake to get it to shift. Those two conditions are the same.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm guessing he mis-typed and meant to write now instead of not. But, maybe I'm wrong too.

OP
OP
W

Wherinckx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Sorry, not following what you're asking. Currently your truck will not allow you to shift into any gear with the engine off, no brake and no key. And you're saying that before you had work performed, you had to turn the key on and press the brake to get it to shift. Those two conditions are the same.
Yeah sorry that was a typo. But I was try to say was,
So I meant to say was, when the trucks off no key in the ignition, it could shift into drive, neutral and reverse really easy. I was baffled. But I solved my own problem as it was the neutral release switch some how was engaged. Pulled the boot off and messed with it and everything works as it should. Sorry about the confusion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517