Kelderman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Who has done the rear coil spring swap? I am seriously looking into this for 1) the ability to lower the ass end, back up to one of my many toys, and raise it up (seems so convenient) and 2) the ability to play with different PSI pressures when empty and soften the ride a little. Plan on putting Fox 2.0 shocks all the way around and possibly installing the Kelderman air bag coil replacement with the dump. I know its pricey but as much as I hook up to trailers and tow, it is definitely worth it to me. Just curious if others enjoy it or dont think its worth the time. Honestly, its a HD truck, they aren't cadillacs and I understand that, but I REALLY like the idea of dropping the bed, putting the ball under the tongue, hitting a button and lifting the trailer and maybe being able to play with the right PSI to possibly get a softer ride.

Thinking correctly or thinking is completely skewed here??? Not interested in putting a lift on the truck or making it look cool. Its all a function thing to me. If I could do it all over, I would of got the laramie with the air ride suspension, but I am here now without it and wanting it.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I replaced the coils with the Kelderman lowering bags. I installed them myself which took about 5 hours. Drivers‘ side easier than the passenger side. You have more obstacles to work around.
I only bought the bags, did not buy anything else. I wanted the truck to ride lower in the rear which lowered the back about 1 1/2”. I installed the Schrader valve out the rear bumper by drilling a hole through the plastic.
I found that around 40-45 psi was the ideal pressure for every day driving. I bought a M18 Milwaukee compressor which I carried in my truck along with other Milwaukee cordless tools just in case I needed to change the pressure for some reason.

OP
OP
F

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I replaced the coils with the Kelderman lowering bags. I installed them myself which took about 5 hours. Drivers‘ side easier than the passenger side. You have more obstacles to work around.
I only bought the bags, did not buy anything else. I wanted the truck to ride lower in the rear which lowered the back about 1 1/2”. I installed the Schrader valve out the rear bumper by drilling a hole through the plastic.
I found that around 40-45 psi was the ideal pressure for every day driving. I bought a M18 Milwaukee compressor which I carried in my truck along with other Milwaukee cordless tools just in case I needed to change the pressure for some reason.
Ya if I am going to do this, I am going to install a compressor and have a way of it filling and self leveling on its own. I dont want to be carrying around a bunch of cordless tools to make my truck feel or drive right. I like easy and convenient. Part of me still thinks just to do fox shocks all the way around and just do normal bags and leave coils alone. Only thing I lose out by keeping it simple is the ability to push buttons and let the truck pick up trailers. As many as I hook up to, the air dump seems like a feature I want, just unsure if I can justify it or if anyone has had issues with the kalderman coil replacement bags