Key Fob - How to make Horn Beep on 2nd Click to Lock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Curl Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a way to program the key fob so when you lock the truck the horn doesn't beep on the first click but does on the 2nd?

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Negative. You must be a Ford convert ;)

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
nevermind, mind should I should not think this late

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m pretty sure there is within the settings somewhere. Mine honks only after the second press of the button, and I’m pretty sure I set it that way. Which radio do you have?

if memory serves, on the 8.4 there is a “Security” option in the settings on the radio.

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm not sure what the difference is, but I have a 2014 2500 big horn with the 8.4 and I don't have those options. It's all or nothing for me..

I have it off as I can't stand having the horn blast every time I remote start or lock, etc. If there is one thing I miss from driving a Toyota it's the nice chirp for the locks.
20210129_101542.jpg

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hmm...looks like I was wrong. Oh well, it was bound to happen someday.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure what the difference is, but I have a 2014 2500 big horn with the 8.4 and I don't have those options. It's all or nothing for me..

I have it off as I can't stand having the horn blast every time I remote start or lock, etc. If there is one thing I miss from driving a Toyota it's the nice chirp for the locks.
View attachment 235552
I tried to enable the push twice for honk feature with the Alfa tool in my 14 and even though I could get the settings menu to come up on the screen it wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure STecoD was able to set it on his 15 and get it to work and I think it's standard on the later 4th gens. If I remember correctly he had one more option to enable in his BCM than I did. I messaged the developer to see why it was missing in my BCM settings with the tool and he said he would look into it and get back to me. I waited a week or two and messaged him again and never heard back from him. I might give it a shot again with the newest version of the tool and see if the extra settings were ever figured out.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Interesting, I actually didn't think about trying to add the settings with Alpha.

Do you recall where the setting are you tried? I'll give it a try tomorrow

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I tried to enable the push twice for honk feature with the Alfa tool in my 14 and even though I could get the settings menu to come up on the screen it wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure STecoD was able to set it on his 15 and get it to work and I think it's standard on the later 4th gens.
My '15 has the option for horn on second press from the factory, it pretty much a fully loaded Outdoorsman if the trim level has something to do with it.
Maybe the HD trucks lag a year or so in option offerings?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not the truck is an HD or not. STecoD's truck is a 15 Tradesman 1500. I tried this at least two years ago so I'm trying to remember the exact scenario on whether or not his truck already had the feature or we activated it. We have done so much to our trucks throughout the past few years that it's sometimes hard to remember. I do know 100% that his has the 2nd press feature and we weren't able to get it to work in my 14. We were also able to give his truck the option between static and dynamic grid lines in his backup camera and this also wouldn't work on my 14. I didn't care as much about the grid lines because I would always use dynamic anyway but I would really like the 2nd press for horn on lock feature. The only thing I remember for sure was that when we started comparing settings in the BCM options with the Apha tool my truck was missing one. It definitely might be worth trying again. When I type in "Remote" in the Alfa search feature it seems to show all the same settings for the 14 and 15 trucks. The 16 and 17 have different settings.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca