Key outside of truck chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Truck has push button start. Is there a way to disable the constant chime if you get out of the truck with the key while it's running?

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
This drives me absolutely crazy. If I stop somewhere real quick and wife wants to stay in car, I have to take my keys out and leave them in the console so she doesn't murder me when I come back. I know the truck is running when I walk away from it, and I can't hear the chime when I'm not in my truck. Think the chime is there specifically to irritate the wife.

I hope someone knows how to disable it. BUMP!!!

OP
OP
Riccochet

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
This drives me absolutely crazy. If I stop somewhere real quick and wife wants to stay in car, I have to take my keys out and leave them in the console so she doesn't murder me when I come back. I know the truck is running when I walk away from it, and I can't hear the chime when I'm not in my truck. Think the chime is there specifically to irritate the wife.

BINGO! I get that stare of death when I do it to my wife. lol This **** has to go, somehow.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

Mine wont chime if I leave the driver door open when I get out.