Led driving lights.. flood or spot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramtruck16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Tradesman didnt come with foglights so i added a pair of led flood version lights mounted to special bracket,
they seem to put out good light but i was wondering if the Led spot version would be any better. Does anyone have any experience with either light? Thanks

IMG_3247.JPG

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have 2 Rigids cubes in a driving pattern and 2 in spot pattern in the fog openings. It's apples and oranges.

View media item 25138
Of course, I didn't fine eihter was ample light so went a little nuts behind the grill. Amber SR's in combo flood/spot, Rigid E2's in combo driving/spot, and E2's in spot.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Fog lights are typically a flood pattern, driving lights typically a spot beam. Only you can determine what’s best for you. Do you want to see better on the sides of the road or way out ahead? Personally I prefer a flood beam to catch things early I wouldn’t normally see that could be a hazard.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
You will more than likely outrun a flood unless your at slow speeds (under 35mph). Spot is good for distance and depending on the brand the optics can be true or somewhat flood like. I would think that a sharper wider beam is the best of both worlds also known as a driving beam.

I run rigid SR-Q pros spot beam in my tow hook plates and they are spot beam but tend to also give a smidge of light to the sides. No where near a hyperspot pattern which is like a laser beam lol. But I get ALOT of side light from my FXR projectors and 50w morimoto hardware. And my fogs have the new MH1 7.0 projectors and 45w Hylux and morimoto hardware so I get a lot of light already. The rigid spots are for more distance lighting.

Just the rigids in the output shot. Not bad for only 4 LEDs each pod.

955FD212-74BF-4452-B217-BB043CC0EA7A.jpeg

841F2DA2-D00B-43D6-B903-9CDA3F98BC22.jpeg