LED parking light not working (light is good)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akfischer1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I have a 2016 Ram 3500 Diesel. The passenger side taillight stopped working. I can switch it to the other side and it works so I know it is not the light itself. Turn, and brake lights still work. Have traced the wire all the way up to the connector behind the drivers tire and have a signal so it doesn't seem to be a broken wire. Looking for any suggestions. About ready to clip the wire and splice in to the trailer tail lights as they still work.

I do also have a rear backup sensor that is not working on that side of the truck. not sure if it is just coincidence.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sounds like the bulb socket is bad, those are replaceable.
The back up sensor not working is coincidence and has nothing to do with the parking light not working.

poorpi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
7.6 diesel
Sounds like the bulb socket is bad, those are replaceable.
The back up sensor not working is coincidence and has nothing to do with the parking light not working.
can you show me what that looks like on a LED tail light and do you know what the wire color is or the terminal so i can check the wires