Looks and Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sooooo, as all gearheads do from time to time is this; My white 2016 Ram 1500 Tradesman regular cab long bed 4wd 5.7 Hemi seems to spend more of its time on road than off these days. When I bought it I expected to use it more off road and for working, hence getting a tradesman regular cab long bed. Rather than trading it in for a quad cab nicer packaged, Im thinking of changing up the one I have. I am currently running a front 2" level kit, 35" (soon to be 285/70-17) tires on stock 17" aluminum wheels and a single flowmaster 10 with resonator delete and a modest chrome angled tip. Now, if you all who have gone the street route with your trucks and increased the performance and sound a bit, would you post what you have done to your 1500's, what worked well for you, and what she looks like now. Ive posted a pic of my truck before but if I get it to post it will be my most recent pic of my truck. IMG_3424.jpg

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
No suggestions, but I sure love that standard cab 8 foot bed look. That's awesome man, looking great. That's what a true pickup truck is to me. If I was a single guy with no kids, I'd get another.

My 1997 2500 was like that and I loved/still miss that one. It was the 360 with 4.10s and for a big truck she sure could scoot.

What gears do you have? Going to a steeper gearset (numerically higher) is always a good bang for your buck improvement. That or maybe a super charger depending on your budget? Good luck!

OP
OP
SargeFirstClass

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No suggestions, but I sure love that standard cab 8 foot bed look. That's awesome man, looking great. That's what a true pickup truck is to me. If I was a single guy with no kids, I'd get another.

My 1997 2500 was like that and I loved/still miss that one. It was the 360 with 4.10s and for a big truck she sure could scoot.

What gears do you have? Going to a steeper gearset (numerically higher) is always a good bang for your buck improvement. That or maybe a super charger depending on your budget? Good luck!

I do not know the gears but Ill find out. Thanks for the compliments, Its taken a while to get used to the long bed look but it sure comes in handy more than I thought it would. I look forward to going back to 285/70-17's I think, having the 35's since I do not get off road and mudding anymore they are a bit too big but they do fill the fender wells nice!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I do not know the gears but Ill find out. Thanks for the compliments, Its taken a while to get used to the long bed look but it sure comes in handy more than I thought it would. I look forward to going back to 285/70-17's I think, having the 35's since I do not get off road and mudding anymore they are a bit too big but they do fill the fender wells nice!

Agreed. I don't blame you for going to the 285 tire. Yes that long bed sure is nice for bigger stuff. Going to that smaller tire will be a performance improvement alone. It's smaller diameter will get you more torque and the smaller tire is likely lighter weight. If you have 3.92 gears I'd stick with those. Enjoy that truck. Love that combo best

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
:patriot:Also, thanks for your service Sgt!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's a couple of ideas:
Catch Can
Diablo tuner with Hemifever custom tune and custom trans tune
Vararam CAI
Pedal Commander
Headers
Edge Torque Converter
There are many other things you can choose from, just depends on how deep your pockets are.
Jay

KingTuna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'd throw a Ranch Hand and some new wheels on that bad boy Sarge. I know you said getting away fromoff road, but the Ranch Hand works great for deer, and stupid people who like to brake check also.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Looks nice, still wish I had just stuck to getting a RC long bed like I plan.

You could go down to a 285x75x17, just a touch shorter but skinner so it loses some weight but still fills the wheel wells.

OP
OP
SargeFirstClass

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, looks like I am stuck with the 35/12.50-17's for a while, oh well. I do like the Ranch Hand idea and have considered that several times. One day that will be on the front of my truck! Thanks! Its funny the Vararam CAI was mentioned, I just watched a vid on it last night! I really like that over the other bland looking CAI's. The Vararam reminds me of the Road Runner and Challenger days back in my racing days of the 70's. They weigh a bunch but I still like the idea of going with black 17x9 steel wheels some day. Thanks everyone for some really great ideas, some or all of them I will use over the next year. I really like the headers suggestion. I always remember the sound of a set of headers through the floorboard, we ran glasspacks back then but the smooth exhaust flow through headers and true dual exhaust was the way to go! I miss that!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley