lowered 4th gens ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's a sweet truck. My boss has those same wheels on his tundra.

Coley 1334

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
here is a local guy in my truck clubs R/T its around a 4/6 drop on KMC slides in 22"

i am workin on mying him a step notch to clear the upper link bar and the axel and relocate the 4 link bars so they are more level ( facory)

on of my favs makes me wanna buy a new R/T lol

Attachments

• good%20guys%2010%20013.jpg
    good%20guys%2010%20013.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 680
  • good%20guys%2010%20009.jpg
    good%20guys%2010%20009.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 210

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
here is a local guy in my truck clubs R/T its around a 4/6 drop on KMC slides in 22"

i am workin on mying him a step notch to clear the upper link bar and the axel and relocate the 4 link bars so they are more level ( facory)

on of my favs makes me wanna buy a new R/T lol

thats the same pic i posted :D u going to bass pro today?

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
that is a bad ass truck

Copperhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He is 6" out back? did you cut two coils from a set of McG drop coils?

Would be interested in the mods when you get it done. Always want to go lower. :)

Coley 1334

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He is 6" out back? did you cut two coils from a set of McG drop coils?

Would be interested in the mods when you get it done. Always want to go lower. :)

yea we are startin on the step notch 2moro bright and early

we have to make it clear the rear end and the upper link bar so its gonna be a task dodge jus didnt do a great job when they made this 4 link lol

and yea he jus cut the coil to get it all low as he did ( 1 1/2 coil i think) and i am pretty sure its a drop coil i will find out 2 moro for sure and let u know

and BTW ur 4th gen is by far settin the standards in the terms of whats lookin bad ass on the 4th gens :drool:

Copperhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks COLEY! I am still looking at other things to do, but always want to go lower. :D Keep us informed on what you do.

Coley 1334

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks COLEY! I am still looking at other things to do, but always want to go lower. :D Keep us informed on what you do.

we are takin tons of pics and will have a tech article and possibly be makin a kit to to put this on the 4th gen rams :birgits_tiredcoffee

DHPmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok peeps, heres a sneak peek of the coil spring super C under bed notch for the 2009 and up Dodge 1500... let us know what you think. This is a pic of the RHS before cutting off the bump stop mount and 4 link bars.

2009dodgestepnotch45.jpg

More to come when I edit all the pics from start to finish.

Right now we are installing the panhardbar bar mount. The new one is adjustable unp and down about an inch and a half. heres that mount laying on the table.

panhardmount01.jpg

we will have this welded on today then we can raise the axle and finish cutting off the stock 4 link mounts and install the new ones. These will bring the 4 link bars down about 5" or so. Im still working on the CAD drawing. I just did a little more figuring and I really need to include the sway bar mount in with the 4 link mounts.

more to come...

Last edited:

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
So am I understanding this correctly that the 4th gen's don't have traditional leaf springs in the rear? Or is the 4 link a custom deal you made for the drop?

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
So am I understanding this correctly that the 4th gen's don't have traditional leaf springs in the rear? Or is the 4 link a custom deal you made for the drop?

I havent seen any in person yet, but from what I can tell, they have done away with the leafs and gone to a 4 link from the factory on the 4th gens.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
they have coils all the way around. Heavily criticized by the haters. dodge has stuck with the "dont knock it till you try it". Those that have tried it, aint hatin anymore. Very little payload capacities were lost (if any), but the ride was tremendously improved. Props to dodge for thinking outside the box

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
they have coils all the way around. Heavily criticized by the haters. dodge has stuck with the "dont knock it till you try it". Those that have tried it, aint hatin anymore. Very little payload capacities were lost (if any), but the ride was tremendously improved. Props to dodge for thinking outside the box

That's badass, I never knew that about the new ones :D

DHPmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

How are they thinking outside the box?

GM had coil springs on the rear of trucks in the 60s. Dodge just opened an old box with GM's idea in it. Basically its probably a situation where spring composition technology has developed enough to where a coil will work well for a long period of time on a vehicle without the spring losing its weight carrying or ride quality.