lowered 4th gens ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHPmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BTW, we should have this truck done today. All thats left are the new 4 link mounts that mount about 5" lower than stock. All these pieces will be offered in kit form at some point. Check the website for details.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
cool cant wait to see pics.

Coley 1334

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Attachments

• 09 rt notch side pic.jpg
    09 rt notch side pic.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 09 rt c notch.jpg
    09 rt c notch.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 09 rt lowed link bar mounts.jpg
    09 rt lowed link bar mounts.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 09 rt  axel.jpg
    09 rt axel.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 09 rt no bed.jpg
    09 rt no bed.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 88

DHPmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I havent finished editing all the pics yet, plus we have more to do on this. We will need to make the 4 link bars adjustable to get the wheels where we want them. More on that today hopefully.

I will have Coley pull the lower bars first and I will make them adjustable and then reinstall and adjust the axle to the center.

I have measurements on all these pieces including the bars so I will be offering this as a kit very soon. Right now its a matter of getting the brackets dialed in to the correct length for the most trucks.

The link to my website is Dallas Hotrod Parts

DHPmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have to edit the 45 plus pics first. They will all have to be made lighter, smaller sized, cropped etc then uploaded to the server.

Im currently working on making the 4 link bars adjustable. Then we will make sure the production version axle tabs place the wheel in the correct position.

on a kit version the center section on each side would be a one piece deal that slides over the frame then the other plates weld to that.

You will understand what I mean when the article is posted with the pics.

The step notch by itself is a one day project.

Im also working on pricing for the step notch by itself and all the rest of the pieces both seperate and together.

xxxotiknightz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You definately need to get the rest of the pics up. I'd love to bag mine. I'm not 100% sure how to set up bags but I'm learning slowly.

DHPmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
**** UPDATE ****

we made the lower bars adjustable yesterday and also made the adjusters for the upper bars. we should have the upper bars and panhard done today.

With the lower bars adjusted all the way in they are about 1" longer than stock and will adjust out about an inch and a half. This should be perfect for getting the wheels exactly where you want them.

On the production version of the brackets we will add this 1" so the average customer wont have to use adjustable bars. Plus we will offer adjustable bars complete.

I will also add a statement in the tech article to get the axle to the correct distance from the cab before welding on the brackets. This can be accomplished by getting the height to where the bars are level and measuring the distance there then resetting it there when the final welding of the brackets is done.

also, I have been busy for the past month working on a house that I just moved into over the holiday. I have about 2 more days left of moving and cleanup then I will be back on parts more. I also had to deal with my kids grandpa passing away on thanksgiving. This is the guy we are buying the house from and my kids were pretty upset so the holiday for me also included a hospital visit where he passed while the kids were there, a visitation at the funeral home on Saturday and a funeral on Sunday. all while moving, being there for the cable guy all day Saturday and juggling this project as well. So I apologize for the delay in the progress but I promise it moves faster now.

The article will be posted in phases as I get the pics edited and uploaded to my website.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will post this same message on the other Dodge site.

DHPmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, finished the panhard bar at lunch and got the upper bars cut and new bushings made. We will be finishing this thing this afternoon. The panhard has 5/8" of adjustment either way for 1&1/4" of total adjustment. The upper and lower bars have about the same.

more to come...

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Thats alot of work cant wait to see it all finished. Looks like a very clean job so far.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just read the whole thread. Some pretty sweet stuff being done for the 4th gens over here. Nice work keep it up.

09 RAM RT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
KW/BELLTECH 2/4.......i could use another inch all around..... this is what she said :killer:

rambelltech.jpg

Last edited: