Mcgaughy drop kit installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish mine sat the inch lower like yours.
I called mcgaughy. Told me to drive it a little bit more and see if it settles..... If not there is nothing they can do about it.
The entire kit had already only dropped the truck on average 1.43" front and 3.26" in the rear.
So I did not even get the full 2/4 drop.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Just trim the springs...problem solved.

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just trim the springs...problem solved.

I'm trying to work with the shop that did it. They said it is mcgaughy fault so they will have to make things right. But again.... I paid for the kit so I assume the shop should take care of it and then talk to mcgaughy to make it right on their end...
It is a noticeable difference on that one corner and I am really agitated now seeing his numbers above.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wonder if perhaps the shop installed the springs wrong.
I know the drop springs for my '99 were Left/Right specific (ask me how I know!)

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if perhaps the shop installed the springs wrong.
I know the drop springs for my '99 were Left/Right specific (ask me how I know!)

That is exactly what I asked the rep for mcgaughy. He said they are only front and rear specific. They should read 09dodge2front or 09dodge4rear.
They were all correct. I hope it settles in properly because I can see this is gonna turn out to be a flippin hassle....

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I measured all off the floor and to the fender too
I also feel tha I would like to see the front about 1/2 inch lower but being dead level will work.
I bet you could do it yourself. I did my own install and it was very easy

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what happened, did the springs settle anymore?
I trimmed a 1/4 coil off the front driver side and now the front is at 34.5 and rear is 35.25
I felt great that my truck is setting just how I like it and I got hit with hail on Friday. Might be getting in a 2013

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well i have the beltech kit on mine had same issue with my 1 back spring called them up and they sent me 2 new rear springs put them in problem solved. What i was told was sometimes if you get a spring on the end of a roll it can be weaker. So if they are not working with you ask to talk to someone higher up. And as far as putting these springs on the rear and front are way different the guy would of had to be an idiot lol. Try calling them back and talking to a manager. Be for warned if you cut them then they will not warranty them