Modifystreet 4th gen oem style headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xumengpeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I found most of the huge modifystreet light thread is about the 5th gen style lights. I personally prefer the 4th gen oem style headlights. I'm wondering if anyone is running them and how do you like them? Any pictures would be great. I have a true blue big horn and I'm still not sure if I should get black or chrome headlights.. thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I take it your asking about their OEM replica headlights? I would imagine the build quality is as good in what seen from the rest of their headlights. Very few if any complaints about them, the seems like the company will make things right.
As far as the chrome/black conundrum, that's a personal preference. You'll get a lot of black it all out votes, personally that's getting boring and not very unique to the individual. Having a combination of black and chrome works on blue vehicles.

OP
OP
X

xumengpeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I take it your asking about their OEM replica headlights? I would imagine the build quality is as good in what seen from the rest of their headlights. Very few if any complaints about them, the seems like the company will make things right.
As far as the chrome/black conundrum, that's a personal preference. You'll get a lot of black it all out votes, personally that's getting boring and not very unique to the individual. Having a combination of black and chrome works on blue vehicles.
Yes I was asking their OEM replicas. I thought I would need a harness since I have quad lights, but it seems like they are plug and play.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Yes I was asking their OEM replicas. I thought I would need a harness since I have quad lights, but it seems like they are plug and play.
Yes they'll be plug into trucks with Quad headlights, but they use H7/H1 bulbs sizes if your planning on using HID/LED bulbs.
If the headlight stated it's for a projector truck, they'll include an adapter for the headlight.
There is quite a few guys that have the Gen5 style and use Hikari Ultra LEDs with great results. Alpharex is the company that makes the headlights for Modifystreet.
https://alpharexusa.com/product-category/performance-headlights/ram-truck-performance-headlights-09/

OP
OP
X

xumengpeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Yes they'll be plug into trucks with Quad headlights, but they use H7/H1 bulbs sizes if your planning on using HID/LED bulbs.
If the headlight stated it's for a projector truck, they'll include an adapter for the headlight.
There is quite a few guys that have the Gen5 style and use Hikari Ultra LEDs with great results. Alpharex is the company that makes the headlights for Modifystreet.
https://alpharexusa.com/product-category/performance-headlights/ram-truck-performance-headlights-09/
That's what I thought. I didn't see it on alpharex's website though..

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Something else you might want to consider doing is add the dedicated DRL circuits to your truck.
With your truck being a BigHorn, you probably just need to add the wiring pigtails from the connector under the fuse box. The two circuits needed:
PIN 8 - LEFT DRL LAMP DRIVER
PIN 23 - RIGHT DRL LAMP DRIVER
You'll want to check if the wires from the BCM are already in those locations.
Contact M² Mods for the DRL pigtails. Then program them with AlfaOBD which you'll probably need if your going with LED or HID anyways. It's not a hard or expensive mod and make the headlights/DRLs function correctly.
The DRL "module" you get with the headlights just turn them on/off with the truck.

OP
OP
X

xumengpeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Something else you might want to consider doing is add the dedicated DRL circuits to your truck.
With your truck being a BigHorn, you probably just need to add the wiring pigtails from the connector under the fuse box. The two circuits needed:
PIN 8 - LEFT DRL LAMP DRIVER
PIN 23 - RIGHT DRL LAMP DRIVER
You'll want to check if the wires from the BCM are already in those locations.
Contact M² Mods for the DRL pigtails. Then program them with AlfaOBD which you'll probably need if your going with LED or HID anyways. It's not a hard or expensive mod and make the headlights/DRLs function correctly.
The DRL "module" you get with the headlights just turn them on/off with the truck.

Thanks for the info! I'll look into that. Is the DRL the bottom led bar? Is it always amber or a switchback between amber and white?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Per the description:Screenshot_20200530-124553~2.png
The Gen5 ones are the same but there's a white DRL on top too.

OP
OP
X

xumengpeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Per the description:View attachment 209789
The Gen5 ones are the same but there's a white DRL on top too.
So without the pigtail harness, it would just turn on and off with the truck in white color and would not have switchback function? The pigtail harness enables the switchback function? I'm a little confused..

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you add the DRL circuits(pigtails) to the truck, they'll function like stock, the DRLs turn on when the truck is in gear and the parking brake is not set, they are off when parked. If you have the 8.4 radio you can select if you want the DRLs on.
The switchback function is part of the headlights, amber for turn signal and white for DRL.
The "DRL module" that's supplied with the headlights just turns the DRLs on when the truck is started. The turns are still amber.

OP
OP
X

xumengpeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
If you add the DRL circuits(pigtails) to the truck, they'll function like stock, the DRLs turn on when the truck is in gear and the parking brake is not set, they are off when parked. If you have the 8.4 radio you can select if you want the DRLs on.
The switchback function is part of the headlights, amber for turn signal and white for DRL.
The "DRL module" that's supplied with the headlights just turns the DRLs on when the truck is started. The turns are still amber.
Ok I see.. more of a "on all the time" vs "in gear" difference.. thanks!