Moes Ported TB + K&N CAI + EDGE Pulsar= Holy crap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I only ran a tank of 89 with it on level 8 so I am not saying it's gospel but didn't have any obvious signs of pinging on my end. It is very hot here too. I am currently running in level 6 with the PC set down all the way in sport and I love how smooth it is and easy to engage the throttle. No MDS down/up power level and no lag. I have the 32 gallon tank so a bit pricey to fill up with 93 all the time. I'm actually running 87 now and now issues with level 6. I tried level 4 with the PC turned up and it gets rid of the lag but I don't know if it will help MPG, will try a full tank of that next.

Level 6 was good to go w/ 87 in mine as well, even on the really hot days. I only bumped up to 89 for the noticeably better MPG. Now that I know I can run on 8 w/ 89... it's a no-brainer for me to stick w/ that as long as the knock sensors continue to approve. The Pedal Commander (Sport -4) takes level 8 on the Pulsar from being more of a fun novelty every now & then (that's too jumpy off the start for around town) to being.... "Hot Damn" just right all the time. I loved this combo before but now that I don't have to deal w/ 93 wallet **** at the pump for max benefit... I love it even more.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Level 6 was good to go w/ 87 in mine as well, even on the really hot days. I only bumped up to 89 for the noticeably better MPG. Now that I know I can run on 8 w/ 89... it's a no-brainer for me to stick w/ that as long as the knock sensors continue to approve. The Pedal Commander (Sport -4) takes level 8 on the Pulsar from being more of a fun novelty every now & then (that's too jumpy off the start for around town) to being.... "Hot Damn" just right all the time. I loved this combo before but now that I don't have to deal w/ 93 wallet **** at the pump for max benefit... I love it even more.

They are all about $0.30 apart here. I am also liking Sport -4 and on 100 mile RT drive yesterday it was evident how smooth the setup was and easy to pass etc. There is a lot less fatigue in my ankle as well, cruise control and Houston don't really go together. I could also easily turn MDS back on once I got up to speed and turn it back off when traffic backed up. Hated dealing with MDS in heavy stop/go traffic previously. Have you actually heard knock or any pinging? I would be curious if there was a way to confirm any lean condition or detonation.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
They are all about $0.30 apart here. I am also liking Sport -4 and on 100 mile RT drive yesterday it was evident how smooth the setup was and easy to pass etc. There is a lot less fatigue in my ankle as well, cruise control and Houston don't really go together. I could also easily turn MDS back on once I got up to speed and turn it back off when traffic backed up. Hated dealing with MDS in heavy stop/go traffic previously. Have you actually heard knock or any pinging? I would be curious if there was a way to confirm any lean condition or detonation.

Running City +4 now w/ the Pulsar on 8, I was still lurching off the line occasionally on Sport-4, perfect now.
I have not heard or felt even the slightest indication of detonation. If a knock sensor had detected pinging the retardation of timing would be noticed under wide open throttle I would think.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found city +4 to be ideal for me also. After reinstall of both pulsar and pc after dealer visit it took a minute to get the sweet spot of awsome power and no/limited lurching off of stop. Sport +3 was too jumpy, sport straight up is really good but I dropped it to city +4....ahhhh. All at pulsar 8
I NEVER use MDS. The 4cyl rice burner sound drives me nuts with my exhaust and a mile or so more a gallon be damned, i will pay the cost for the **** eatin grin this combo induces!! Lol

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You really need the PC to fully appreciate the Pulsar IMO. Edge should calculate what the combined throttle voltage of the PC on City +4 in conjunction w/ Pulsar on 8 is (since they stack) & make that the fixed throttle sensitivity on level 8 w/out a PC in play. It's so much more usable & you can clearly feel the output bump between 6 & 8 when you eliminate the lurchyness. Super smooth roll in of the power & lots of it... fricken love this combo dialed in. Worth every penny.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You really need the PC to fully appreciate the Pulsar IMO. Edge should calculate what the combined throttle voltage of the PC on City +4 in conjunction w/ Pulsar on 8 is (since they stack) & make that the fixed throttle sensitivity on level 8 w/out a PC in play. It's so much more usable & you can clearly feel the output bump between 6 & 8 when you eliminate the lurchyness. Super smooth roll in of the power & lots of it... fricken love this combo dialed in. Worth every penny.

Hmm I might have to buy another pedal commander since I gave mine to the old man for his Ram. Level 8 is definitely lurchy of the line for me, but doesn't surge anywhere else like others have reported so I usually run level 6 unless I want to have fun. This has me tempted to pick up a BT model and keep it hidden behind the dash.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hmm I might have to buy another pedal commander since I gave mine to the old man for his Ram. Level 8 is definitely lurchy of the line for me, but doesn't surge anywhere else like others have reported so I usually run level 6 unless I want to have fun. This has me tempted to pick up a BT model and keep it hidden behind the dash.

No surging here either, both the PC & Pulsar have performed flawlessly but figuring out that 89 octane was gtg for Level 8 in addition to realizing the Pedal Commander could make 8 as "usable" as 6 but w/ considerably more balls - you feel the torque increase throughout the curve over 6.... well I'm enjoying the combo more now than ever before. I'm betting it's a real kick in the ass for those of you running this duo w/ OEM sized tires. Mine pulls like a freight train even w/ the 35s, must be challenging not smoking stock rubber.