Muffler comparisons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Excellent - Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. You are close enough to Mufflerman (Solo) in Kenmore that you should have driven there for install. Then I could have heard it in person. LOL

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Excellent - Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. You are close enough to Mufflerman (Solo) in Kenmore that you should have driven there for install. Then I could have heard it in person. LOL
Until you said that I had no idea they were even there or that close because I would have in a heartbeat

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey has anyone here tried both the 18 magnaflow and the 24? Just curious about the difference because I think
the 18 I have is a bit too loud and drones quite a bit on the freeway, but I love the straight thru design and would
like to stick with magnaflow. Would the 24 maybe be the answer for me??

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey has anyone here tried both the 18 magnaflow and the 24? Just curious about the difference because I think
the 18 I have is a bit too loud and drones quite a bit on the freeway, but I love the straight thru design and would

I'd suggest looking at the 22" magnaflow. Less sound than 18" and not a droner.

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did get it installed. Sound is just above stock. Stock being 0 and carven progressive being 10 which is what I am coming from I would put it around a 4 volume wise. Construction appeared good and materials and welds looked as expected. Install was as easy as the rest. Fitment was ok at best, tail pipes lined up correctly but the hangers may have been a slight bit short causing the muffler to sit at a slight angle. The inlet was about an 1/8th inch large but was compensated by the quality 3 inch wide self forming clamps they supplied to stop any leaking. Quiet driving no drone and a slight growl when you get on it but no bark at all. I personally miss the sound of the carven however it was a happy middle for both my girlfriend and I.

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great and thank you. How is the sound at cold start? Sounds like your GF and my wife are similar in that 5 am cold starts pissed them off. LMAO. This a lot better?

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The cold start was the problem for her for the most part and now it's not bad. Like I said pretty much all around half of carven. It will probably break in some it has only been about a week but it is quiet and still free flowing and no drone. I cant speak for mds because the tune has it shut off but. I will say at the volume of it I cant imagine there will be.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did get it installed. Sound is just above stock. Stock being 0 and carven progressive being 10 which is what I am coming from I would put it around a 4 volume wise. Construction appeared good and materials and welds looked as expected. Install was as easy as the rest. Fitment was ok at best, tail pipes lined up correctly but the hangers may have been a slight bit short causing the muffler to sit at a slight angle. The inlet was about an 1/8th inch large but was compensated by the quality 3 inch wide self forming clamps they supplied to stop any leaking. Quiet driving no drone and a slight growl when you get on it but no bark at all. I personally miss the sound of the carven however it was a happy middle for both my girlfriend and I.

It will open up a bit in about 500-800 miles. I had the Mach 44 muffler on for a while and I noticed a slight change after a several hundred miles.....got a tad louder.

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a pair of SLP Loud Mouth resonators and they sounds great on my stock exhaust. I hope they sounds greater when I'll have my shorties.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
I have a pair of SLP Loud Mouth resonators and they sounds great on my stock exhaust. I hope they sounds greater when I'll have my shorties.

I like SLP stuff I’ll have to look at this, it’s 2 SLP resonators in place of the stock dual tip exhaust?

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Our 24" muffler should be right around the same volume as stock, but with a deeper tone. If the 18" was a little too loud for your preference, the 24" should be perfect! If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!

Gabepino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Still running the Mach 40? Thoughts on it?