My lift plan question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Damn its really a 8 inch lift! Awesome. I'll keep you posted!!!

Last thing I saw that your wheels stuck out a bit. What size where they. We're you running spacers? It's a perfect look!!!

THANKS

Well to clarify... guys will call it an 8" lift because of the 6" Zone plus the 2.1" Bilsteins. However it's a little different since you aren't using the Zone preload spacer and a 6" lift on a 1500 isn't actually a true 6" lift. The strut spacer on the Zone provides 4.9" of lift if I recall correctly. So that combined with the Bilsteins at 2.1" gives you a total lift of 7". Then you'll also gain 1" of extra height from the 35's (assuming you have 33's now). So your truck should be 8" taller on the front end overall.

On my 1500 I was running 20x9 -12 offset Fuel Hostages with 35x12.5 Toyo MT's. The tires stuck out 2" past the fender on the front and 1.5" past the fender on the back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JCARTER7

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well to clarify... guys will call it an 8" lift because of the 6" Zone plus the 2.1" Bilsteins. However it's a little different since you aren't using the Zone preload spacer and a 6" lift on a 1500 isn't actually a true 6" lift. The strut spacer on the Zone provides 4.9" of lift if I recall correctly. So that combined with the Bilsteins at 2.1" gives you a total lift of 7". Then you'll also gain 1" of extra height from the 35's (assuming you have 33's now). So your truck should be 8" taller on the front end overall.

On my 1500 I was running 20x9 -12 offset Fuel Hostages with 35x12.5 Toyo MT's. The tires stuck out 2" past the fender on the front and 1.5" past the fender on the back.

my plan is to use my Laramie rims, i love their look. just hope the 35x12.5x20 tires will fit with no rub

OP
OP
JCARTER7

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That'll be sweet man!

They offer the 2 different options for guys who want different amount of lift. The 6" kit with the 3" rear coils will sit close to level by itself. The 6" kit with the 5" rear coils and then Bilsteins at 2.1" will sit level and obviously sits about 2" higher all around as well. So it's essentially a 6" (5.5") lift vs an 8' (7.6") lift.

Brandon i was looking at your photobucket, do you still have that tuner?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my plan is to use my Laramie rims, i love their look. just hope the 35x12.5x20 tires will fit with no rub

You will need spacers to run a full 35x12.5 tire on the stock rims. It literally won't be driveable without them. 10mm hub centric spacers from Motorsport Tech will do it but if you want a wider stance you can go to a larger BORA spacer.

Brandon i was looking at your photobucket, do you still have that tuner?

The Bully Dog? No, I sold that long ago when I traded in my 1500.

Jdperry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got my zone 6" lift (5" rear) finished up. They kept the level blocks upfront which will be coming right out as soon as I get the bilstein 5100's. So far I like it, I've only driven 40 miles on it since I got it back though. Here's a few pics. Still has the 33/12.5's on there for now until I get the new wheels/tires.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
JCARTER7

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

JDPERRY your truck looks great! I can't wait for my refund check to come in!

I wonder how much the gas mileage is going to go down with tires and lift. I drive 70 miles a day for work

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I wonder how much the gas mileage is going to go down with tires and lift. I drive 70 miles a day for work

You'll probably see about a 2 mpg drop going to the 35's. That's what I saw on my 1500 at least as is very typical. I was averaging around 15.5 mpg with the lift, wheels, and tires and Bully Dog tuner.

Jdperry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I can't wait to put the new rims and tires on!

OP
OP
JCARTER7

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll probably see about a 2 mpg drop going to the 35's. That's what I saw on my 1500 at least as is very typical. I was averaging around 15.5 mpg with the lift, wheels, and tires and Bully Dog tuner.

WHAT!? really!? i am averaging 12mpg and i just have bils at 2.1 and i am usually diving with cruise control all highway!

Explit Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WHAT!? really!? i am averaging 12mpg and i just have bils at 2.1 and i am usually diving with cruise control all highway!

Sounds like something is very wrong... How many miles do you have? Changed your spark plugs regularly?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Are you still running stock tires or are you running something larger with the level?

OP
OP
JCARTER7

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like something is very wrong... How many miles do you have? Changed your spark plugs regularly?

I am driving the truck right now. I currently have 12.5 miles per gallon average. I have stock tires. I bought the truck a year ago with 25,000 miles. Now the truck currently has 46,000. I've done oil changes and air filter. I used to work for Catapillar the construction company. So I have knowledge about trucks, so u don't think I'm not An illiterate lol. I have not done spark plugs yet. Could it be Them? Or am I screeed?! Lol

OP
OP
JCARTER7

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've only used use premium gas. And all my miles are highway miles. I drive 30 miles to work 30 miles home and then parked the truck basically. Any help would be great.thank you very much Truck dictionary!

Explit Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Change those plugs soon.. They are 30,000mi plugs so that might be it. Also look at the throttle body and make sure its clean. I have 35s on my truck, and i get 12mpg, but my truck also is a 2005 Hemi, so your newer model should be killing me and my old technology motor with 35s...

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A tune up would probably help (plugs, leads, etc.) however it isn't going to make a huge difference. Are you going solely off the EVIC or have you hand calculated your mileage? The EVIC is known to be all over the place depending on the truck. If you want acurate numbers you need to hand calculate. I use an app called "Gas Manager" on my phone to track every fill up.

OP
OP
JCARTER7

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Change those plugs soon.. They are 30,000mi plugs so that might be it. Also look at the throttle body and make sure its clean. I have 35s on my truck, and i get 12mpg, but my truck also is a 2005 Hemi, so your newer model should be killing me and my old technology motor with 35s...

should i spray carb cleaner in there? and should i go with the best plugs i can buy?

OP
OP
JCARTER7

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A tune up would probably help (plugs, leads, etc.) however it isn't going to make a huge difference. Are you going solely off the EVIC or have you hand calculated your mileage? The EVIC is known to be all over the place depending on the truck. If you want acurate numbers you need to hand calculate. I use an app called "Gas Manager" on my phone to track every fill up.

Ya i will look to do a tune up when the weather gets a bit better. i am going off of the screen on my dash board. im downloading the app now see if that makes a difference

OP
OP
JCARTER7

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im reading online and older truck and minor mods people are getting like in the 20s! WTF is wrong with my truck now! ah

Explit Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
should i spray carb cleaner in there? and should i go with the best plugs i can buy?

I got NGK copper plugs for my 05' Hemi, as copper were OEM material, they were about 2-3$ a piece, and i have 16 plugs

As for the cleaner, get brake cleaner and shop rags.. That should get it good. Stay away from getting it on Sensors though!