My power drivers seat wont lift in the front. How do I fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys, I just noticed that my drivers seat wont lift up in the front. I moves forward and it will lift from the back, but I tried to raise the seat up for me a little bit but the front wont work. I will be on a slope if i keep the back of it up. All I hear is it kinda making a pumping sound but just not doing anything
Its a 2004 so if anyone has has experience with this or could help me figureout what wrong that would be great.

Moparron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 E-torque
Welcome to a failed power seat club! The only way to fix is to buy another power unit from Dodge.... and they are far from cheap. it's a whole unit.. you can't just get one motor. I read somewhere where someone fixed theirs but I think it escaped me.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
lol yup, there are a lot of us who's seats don't work.

OP
OP
M

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have seen some of the motors on ebay along with the gears that would be replaced. Is there a way I could manually raise the seat just a little?

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So is that what the first switch is on our seats? If so, I guess I am in this club too...lol

Rusty1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the same problem so my motor gears broke and i dont wanna buy one, a bit to pricey, so mine just moves back and forth. so i got it where i wanted it and drilled a hole threw the bracket and put a screw threw it. May be Redneck fix but it works for me. best thing is if you buy a new motor, you can just pull the screw out and its all normal.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I installed a 04 SLT 10 way leather seat back in 04. And just lifted to get to the floor pan last week. I would unbolt the heavy SOB and get some help to remove it. Once out of the truck you can turn it upside down and possibly manually adjust it by turning the adjusters. Mine will be up for sale this fall. Good luck..