My warranty states it will be voided with lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Go read the warranty that comes with Zone and BDS lifts ... It’s peace of mind ... And there is no extra charge for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m going to have whatever I get done installed but I’m going to keep anything taken off so I can go back stock if I need to another reason I’m going to 2 different wheel/tire sizes I can swap the originals if I need.

You can never go back to stock with these type of drop bracket lift kits. I think you can with an AEV lifts but I'm not sure who sells/installs them around you.

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you don’t mind me asking what lift do you have
36k miles on a rough country 6. Never had a problem in mud holes marsh driving or 4x4 hard roads. But I'm thinking of upgrading to Fox when this virus cans down

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Absolutely correct, it's a service contract not a warranty. They do allow some latitude as described early in this post but the bottom line is if they refuse to repair based on the fact you have some parts installed, then you need to get legal help, foot the bill and eventually break even or be out the cost of the contract and litigation.

If you really want the lift then settle for the value of the contract and use it to fund the lift.

It's the real definition of dead right.
Absolute incorrect! Because the dealers here in Houston referred me to the lift shop that does there lifts for there custom upgrade and as long as you go there it's covered and they sale all brands lift kit

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
There is an enormous difference between a warranty and an extended service contract. If there are stipulations in place to continue the service contract, such as no lift and factory tires, and OP does it anyway and has an issue, then he will 100% run into issues with his contract and no amount of waiving the MM act paperwork in their face will matter. He’s not dealing with a factory warranty here. He’s dealing with an aftermarket extended service contract. They are absolutely not the same.

I may or may not be slightly experienced in this category.

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Absolute incorrect! Because the dealers here in Houston referred me to the lift shop that does there lifts for there custom upgrade and as long as you go there it's covered and they sale all brands lift kit

My guess is if it came down to it, fca would deny coverage from any maxcare warranty at that point. It's in plain text, only Mopar lift 2" or less installed by a dealer is covered. Anything else voids the service contract.... Factory warranty might be different but that is not the subject of this thread. Maxcare is very much a service contract and not a factory warranty.

Your dealer can refer you to wherever but if you were to make a claim using the extended warranty, the dealer would be at the mercy of fca for getting reimbursed... And when it comes down to it, they are going to do whatever makes sure they make money.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hammer22801

Hammer22801

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think for now I’m going with the eibach pro lift 2.75” front and 1” in rear. Basically a leveling kit.

Reactions: JB1

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
You should be able to get your money back for the extended service contract. That's probably what I would do.

GeoffA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Anyone have the Mopar part numbers for the Mopar lift kits?

Looks like as long as I use the same lift kits Mopar offers and tires they offer I’ll be ok.

tires I’m not worried about I can always swap my stock back for the ones I’m going to run but I’m not sure what lift kits Mopar used on their jacked up off road trucks and if it’s offered on the big horn editions.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
[emoji2357].... I give up lol

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

You arent going to win because you are arguing about the wrong thing :)

Extended warranty is not equal to factory warranty. The FACTORY warranty would not necessarily be voided by a lift.....you are correct, they need to PROVE it broke something before they can deny coverage. But the OP was talking about his extended warranty.

The EXTENDED warranty is very different. Mag-Moss does not apply, so they dont need to PROVE anything, technically. It will most likely come down to the relationship you have with your dealer....will they go to bat for you or not. Something like a lift/lower is probably a gray area. Something like the cam and lifters wiping is less gray, but either way it will be how your dealer portrays the issue to FCA, since FCA will be the one paying the dealer back.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is total bs .... I honestly wouldn't worry about a lift kit my friend ...just install it

I would worry, it's a dam RAM!
My diffy went out at 91k....seriously when do differentials go bad?
The differential had to be rebuilt..luckily I had a warranty.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
Ok here it goes ... a lift kit will not affect your drivetrain, however non-standard tires size can and do affect shift points therefore voiding anything covered by warranty ...

Again, they have to prove that whatever aftermarket parts you installed or had installed actually caused the malfunction ....

A lift kit will affect your suspension, but most lift kit companies now warranty those very parts that are replaced by their lift kit and some like Pro Comp have "lift shield warranty" that actually covers the powertrain on your trucks ...
I have the BDS 6" lift. They match your factory drivetrain warranty. If Mopar won't cover it BDS will. That's good enough by me.

Surge One

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I just read my extended warranty. It say drivetrain warranty will be voided if I lift my truck without approved Mopar OEM components or if I use anything not offered on a new vehicle purchase.

It also states that any approved lift has to be installed by the selling dealership or approved Mopar shop.

It also says no oversized tires must be the tires size listed on door placard.

I was going to install a 6” lift guess now I’ll have to wait.

Surge One

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I just read my extended warranty. It say drivetrain warranty will be voided if I lift my truck without approved Mopar OEM components or if I use anything not offered on a new vehicle purchase.

It also states that any approved lift has to be installed by the selling dealership or approved Mopar shop.

It also says no oversized tires must be the tires size listed on door placard.

I was going to install a 6” lift guess now I’ll have to wait.

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
Any time you change anything, you will have a limited loss of warranty coverage. Anything these new parts damage will rightly not be covered by the warranty, but your lift wont mess up the engine, the power seats or the headlights. They might make the claim your lift messed up the ring and pinion gears. If you think they are wrong, you can take them to court. Put in a high performance stereo, and blow out your speakers, they wont cover that either.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
That is also why I didn't get an extended warranty knowing that I was going to be lifting my truck and adding bigger tires .. .

I know what I am going to be responsible for if my truck breaks down right now, but if something electrical or say the damn hemi tick caused by broken manifold bolts goes bad then I know it "WILL" be covered because that is a known issue and there is no way a lift caused that issue ...

Simple and common sense, if you lift your truck understand what it might cause ...

And another thing, most extended warranties don't go into effect until after the OEM warranty has ended ... some extended warranties do start the day you buy your new car or truck and sometimes overlap but to me honestly they are pointless unless you don't plan on doing any mods to your vehicles ....

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
You arent going to win because you are arguing about the wrong thing :)

Extended warranty is not equal to factory warranty. The FACTORY warranty would not necessarily be voided by a lift.....you are correct, they need to PROVE it broke something before they can deny coverage. But the OP was talking about his extended warranty.

The EXTENDED warranty is very different. Mag-Moss does not apply, so they dont need to PROVE anything, technically. It will most likely come down to the relationship you have with your dealer....will they go to bat for you or not. Something like a lift/lower is probably a gray area. Something like the cam and lifters wiping is less gray, but either way it will be how your dealer portrays the issue to FCA, since FCA will be the one paying the dealer back.

No I am actually not arguing about the wrong thing lol ...

Just like I stated before ... understand what you are going to be doing to your cars or trucks once you drive them off the lot ... you can't expect them to fix something you risked malfunctioning because of what you chose to do with your vehicles ... if they so choose to fix it then hey you scored ... but lets use common sense here lol ....

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93