My warranty states it will be voided with lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To reiterate about Mag/Moss in essence if you have aftermarket part that caused failure to an OEM part then the dealer doesn’t have to fix it by law. If you do get a 6” inch lift I can assure you will see premature/failure on drivetrain. A 6” lift is nice but in comes with a lot of other things you need to address. I would imagine for arguments sake with the lift you’ll add bigger tires maybe after market wheels and that adds to rolling resistance. Bigger tires are heavier, and cause premature brake wear, transmission and diffs all now change. Wheel bearings, axle shafts, and steering will also need to be payed close attention to. The gearing ratio will change along with the speedometer’s reading and actual vehicle speed you’ll be going faster. In closing if you want to lift it, then lift it. But be aware of the possible issue’s in doing so, if you do it right and stay on top of it then you should see years of trouble free ownership. You could always look to Rocky Ridge for some info as they do factory backed lifts.

OP
OP
Hammer22801

Hammer22801

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve decided to just level it for now and run a little bit larger tire and then in a couple of years if I want a lift I’ll put on a lift

Reactions: JB1

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I’ve decided to just level it for now and run a little bit larger tire and then in a couple of years if I want a lift I’ll put on a lift
You could do a level, 20x9 and 285/65/20

What I did to my 2015 before I went bigger.

20160402_132028.jpg

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So if Timbren suspension enhancements were installed on my truck to help with truck camper would this be a problem??

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
You still "voided your warranty". The OEM can void your warranty on your transmission, transfer case, driveshafts, and everything remotely associated with the axles and suspension because of these changes to your drive line. If you were afraid of voiding your factory coverage with a big lift, why void it anyway to end up with less than you actually wanted?

ps. changing wheel offset can really demolish wheel bearings, especially the modern style unit bearings.

Last edited:

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
So if Timbren suspension enhancements were installed on my truck to help with truck camper would this be a problem??
I think that would be much more arguable, as long as you don't increase the load beyond the factory rated load. What the Timbren stuff does that I have seen is to basically extend and soften the bumpstop, so peak forces are not increased. That said, if someone has a stick up their hind end, it doesn't matter. You changed it. If it breaks, many will claim it is your fault. Arguing forces is something you end up having to do before a judge.