Need a Crash Course in 07 1500 ram

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hardcore1, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Hardcore1

Hardcore1 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    All good suggestions guys, That is exactly what I was thinking also for the non start. I was even thinking somebody might have sabotaged it from starting by pulling a fuse to try to keep the bid down.

As far as the suspension goes, I know I need a LCA in addition to a UCA because both of the legs on the LCA have snapped. I am also thinking the strut, tie rod ends and sway bar endlinks may have been tweaked or stressed. With that said, the reason I keep asking for parts suggestions is since I know I will need at least the LCA and UCA and my other bits are probably stressed, then I am thinking you guys might know of a complete suspension kit out there where I can just replace all the bits on both sides and come out with a better than stock setup instead of wasting money on replacing stock components now only to replace it all in the future later. get it? know of any good complete kits out there?

I will have more pics and details tomorrow. I will be picking her up and dragging her home to the jersey shore.

2. SilverStreak88

SilverStreak88 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Eco Gasser
  3. Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Power tech 3.7L
    Well if it took a hit right there I would imagine the knuckle might be compromised I would suggest just getting a lift to include that and rebuild the front. Not just the control arms. If anything it'll give you peace of mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Hardcore1

Hardcore1 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Good info! what do you mean by knuckle? What would be the spindle assembly in 2wd? I took a good look at the assembly in-between the UCA and LCA and I cannot see any damage but that does mean it was not stressed to I am inclined to replace it also like you said. Is there an aftermarket source? I was thinking it probably was a dealer only item.

I was also thinking it would be nice if I can find a wrecked 07 with a good front end and pull all the parts I need off it in one shot? Anyone have a lead on someone parting out one of these things? Maybe with a little bit of luck close to NJ?

5. Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Power tech 3.7L

Yes a spindle but it's the same as a 4x4 and if you get a lift kit they typically come with some that extend the neck of it lowering the hub. However you could make sure that it does come with it. I know that RCX comes with them I'm not sure about other brands since I have a 2WD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Rustycowl69

Rustycowl69 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2001 ram 3500
    Engine:
    V10
    why don't you look for a flood damaged parts truck from Texas, or Louisiana, or East coast?

7. Hardcore1

Hardcore1 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Not a bad idea. I have been if I could find one patriot blue where I did not have to paint the parts I would go that route in a heartbeat. Know of any?

Lil Ram,I will research "RCX"

Also Can anyone recommend a winch bumper under 1K? I don't need anything fancy, just something that will bolt to the frame brackets as shown in the pictures and carry a winch. Maybe a used stock one from a power wagon? It seems like anything aftermarket I found that could carry a winch is ridiculous $$$. Whats up with that?!?

8. SilverStreak88

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Eco Gasser
    All you need is winch mount, you could run the Warn Tran4mer, it's a nice set up and has options. Good luck finding and OEM Powerwagon winch, I can't even find a truck with it still in the bumper.

9. Hardcore1

Hardcore1 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

Neat product. I checked it out. Not quite what I am looking for since it works with the stock bumper. Since I have no existing bumper, nor any of the reinforcements brackets or even hardware, I am looking for something that replaces the stock bumper in its entity with a bumper that can hold a winch and is just simple black steel. Kind of like an ARB Bull Bar or this but a little less bulbous in the front and for an 07:

2013-2015 Ram 1500 KO Off Road Front Bumper Heavy Duty Replacement Winch Ready | eBay

Everything I have seen for an 07 seems like excessively big $$$ for a simple steel winch bumper.

ps. The bumper off the power wagon without the winch would work if someone upgraded. I dont really need the winch yet. Just a bumper that will accept one down the road since I will have to replace everything anyway.

10. SilverStreak88

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Eco Gasser
    I thought about that after I wrote and never edited, that bumper you linked is for 4th gen trucks. Unless you just wanna use it for looks I would be weary of the cheaper bumpers.