Need Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never do the automatic renewal, as they will automatically charge 3X the price U paid a year ago. My subscription for platinum on truck and across devices for the year is $122.00. On the auto renewal, they want over $27 a month. No way Jose.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's funny, the issue about data compression from a CD to a thumb drive is not nearly as impactful as it was converting from record to CD. If you listen to a song on a record and then listen to it on a CD. You'd be amazed that you can pick up nuances of how different it sounds.

But for transferring music from a CD to a storage device. You can select to not compress the data so that you get the same exact sound regardless of how you listen to the music. However, a CD on average will hold about 700 MB of data. So if you have a 32 gb storage device and don't compress you're going to not get your entire collection on it. Of course you can compress the data and put more CDs on one thumb drive, but then you might hear a difference. Although today's technology is pretty good about limiting audio impact so maybe not an issue.
Now here be the ringer: U rip from CD to a USB and do a high end compression, U do lose a lot of the song. If U rip for low end compression, U get a lot more, but of course use up a lot of storage space. Now, I only have the basic 6 speaker system in truck, and my hearing is so convoluted from aircraft noise not matter to me, but when I want to hear all of the parts of the music, and the nuances, I play it through my 5.1 system in house.

I personally prefer vinyl, than CD, than USB, but of course storage and playback devices. I no longer have a high end Rack system, and not a lot of vinyl, so not really matter. NE way, walking into WALMART and seeing them wanting like $29 to $32 a record, guess those days are gone. All IMHO.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is this thing you speak of, a CD ;)
I still buy Blue Ray DVD's for movies. My son busts me out for doing this something about being "old". He goes hey stream it all. Well I am rural with a 3 mb DSL line. That neva gonna happen, lmao.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

LeAnn Rimes put out a double CD - one was her greatest hits, and the other was her biggest flops.​

It was the best of Rimes, it was the worst of Rimes.
NAH, pretty bad there Jerry.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I apologize TBird......how bout this one.....

I lost my pizza cutter so I tried to use an old Rod Stewart CD instead.​

It worked all right at first, but the plastic edge got dull right away. The first cut was the deepest.
Betta, roflmao. Bet U R a hoot on yer museum tour if U conduct, lol.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
2020 Ram 1500 crew with 59,000 on it. Hemi VVT. Too many miles? It’s a level 2 and priced well. Just curious about the 2020 model year with this Hemi. Anything to worry about? Thanks!
I have an early '20, built October '19. The only issues I've had with it are:

1. Starter went bad (worked most of the time but occasionally would not).
2. Manifold crack

Both fixed under warranty, no issue.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The “ springs” crack me up. I have them too lol
And the 5 additional gallons. ( mine is diesel though. Glad they got it right)
They used to fill up the tank when you bought one new. Now they give a whole 5 gallons?
Here where im at im gonna guess they still do filler up. It is an automall and they have a dedicated gas station for the entire mall to use to fill up new cars. Not sure if they have a Diesel pump though.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that $9.99 per month? I pay a lot more than that on a yearly rate. $189 for one that might be the truck and more for a home based unit in the garage.
I pay $6.06 a month which includes the taxes. I never renew before it expires unless they give me one of those offeres before hand. Ill let it expire...though i have to call to tel them im canceling first, and then ill get something in the mail OR like i said, they may offer that deal but more than not, ill end up canceling.

Oh and as for the OP question....59K miles is only 10 K a year. Pretty good imo though i drive less than that these days. Mine is a 2007 and i have 126,250 miles.

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Guess I need to cancel the subscription and get a better offer. I've been watching the subscription price and then the royalty price go up and up. I'm supposed to be getting a break because I have more than one unit. Often I don't listen to it at all. Silence can be golden. And I have a 5 disc CD (gulp) player in the shop. My 6 disc player in the 04 still works too.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
CD player,i didn't know anybody still used CD's anymore,lol.
When I got my 14 sport, that has most stuff , even the foam bottle things , they must cost about 68cents, I never got a CD player, and at that time no apple car play, don't even know how to use it, but I do have the big radio, with XM, that 's a rip off unless you tell them to stick it, them it's reasonable price. About the list and color as TurkeyBird's truck.
I have the build sheets in my computer
I am at 80km, but just sits these days. My 2010 Laramie had a large hard drive in it and you could load up scads of stiff, even movies on it., had my address book on it. I think it was a DVD drive, but I am not sure now.

Mileage these days does not mean much , as it did 40 yrs. ago I see lots of cars ,trucks with 300km still running great, fellow across the road has a chev 1/2ton almost at 1/2 million KM runs fine. Most of this would be highway miles.

Last edited:

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BUT, IMHO, very humble, I think the music off a CD sounds better than a thumb drive, U just not gonna be able to put a mass amount on one unless you use a DVD, and I do not even know if these CD players will play a DVD vs CD. I think with FAT and all on USB's, 32 GB may be the limit, not sure. Just not play enuf with stuff like that. I am one of the ODD BOIRDS: I still have SIRIUS in my truck, which I pay for, instead of messing with Media as truck parked 98% of the time and 99% of the time, just local runs.
My '10 does play the dvds,not while in drive though.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '10 does play the dvds,not while in drive though.
U referring to have bunch of music on DVD and the CD player sees it and plays it? But not in drive? Now why, lmao.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U referring to have bunch of music on DVD and the CD player sees it and plays it? But not in drive? Now why, lmao.
DVD=digital video disc,refering to video...does not play when in drive,reverse.
As in moving down the road

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DVD=digital video disc,refering to video...does not play when in drive,reverse.
As in moving down the road
OK, lol, know what a DVD is, roflmao. I am just surprised the CD reads it, as most 640 KB cd's will not read a DVD. Unless U have done a few mods to yer system.,. But ne way, ok thanks for reply.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I stated that a little to quickly...or digital versatile disc..both the same tho I believe...I shoulda stated the video part from the get go.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I stated that a little to quickly...or digital versatile disc..both the same tho I believe...I shoulda stated the video part from the get go.
OK, not gonna get into what a DVD is, lol, I get blasted by my Kid for still using Blue Rays, lol. Have a great day.