New Front Brakes installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You change the crush washer on the brake line bolt on caliper?

Yup, came in the kit. that was my first place I looked. That's clean and cleared from the source of the leak. from the look at it it is coming from inside of the caliper on the piston side and dripping down the caliper body to the caliper bracket then to the wheel. so far I have not noticed any drop in fluid level so not much has leaked out.

DARKNHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yup, came in the kit. that was my first place I looked. That's clean and cleared from the source of the leak. from the look at it it is coming from inside of the caliper on the piston side and dripping down the caliper body to the caliper bracket then to the wheel. so far I have not noticed any drop in fluid level so not much has leaked out.

When I did a Gen2 CTS-V brembo upgrade on my G8 I use to own, I had a piston seal leaking allowing fluid to come out the dust boot and drip. May be worth a shot at checking..

Additionally, I looked on Summit's site and don't see the calipers anymore?? odd.. as I would like to put some color behind the wheel, and for that price it kinda seems like a no-brainer as I'd pay in that ballpark to have mine powdercoated.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They dont come up on a standard search, i had to search using the part number. I didnt have time to swap them myself so i had a shop do it for me, cost me $160 to do bit after inspection that is exactly what the deal was, faulty seal and leaking through the dust boot... of i were to do it all over again id just rebuild my OEM units and powercoat them. Wasnt worth the hassle or the extra 160 cause my schedule... should have been right the first time. But live and learn

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
They dont come up on a standard search, i had to search using the part number. I didnt have time to swap them myself so i had a shop do it for me, cost me $160 to do bit after inspection that is exactly what the deal was, faulty seal and leaking through the dust boot... of i were to do it all over again id just rebuild my OEM units and powercoat them. Wasnt worth the hassle or the extra 160 cause my schedule... should have been right the first time. But live and learn

That's what was leaking?
The calipers came a bad piston seal? WTF.

I would have returned them.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They sent me new ones, well summit sent me new ones, i have yet to send them back to power****

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They send you a whole set?

yeah, just fronts. I figured they would send just one but they sent a whole kit again. I really should send them back. just got a little busy with the birth of the little diaper destroyer.