New Recall - 8 spd Rotary Shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer installed it without asking when I took my truck in for the tailgate recall. Ever since my truck has been jerking when I go from park to drive, and when it down shifts to first coming to a stop. Already called dealer about removing it, and he said put a few miles on it, it should smooth back out. Something about the update cleared the shifting history. Probably bs. :(

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

Actually, its probably not bs.

The AutoPark update touches multiple modules in the truck, including the TCM and PCM, so its very possible everything in memory for the trans was wiped out during the update.

This is one of the main reasons I didnt want it added to my truck...I can live with the way AutoPark works, but if it wipes the stored shift/clutch data, there might be issues until it can be re-learned. And even once its re-learned, its possible the process wasnt followed 100% (the service manual shows how to do it and its a PITA that takes a lot of specific driving and a lot of time)

Frankwhoa

Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw auto park pop up on this new module I have that allows me to change and add things like DRL, tow mirrors present, etc...

I wonder if I will be able to disable it if they perform the recall on my truck.

Tell me more

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tell me more

Ive tried messing with the settings in AlfaOBD but I think they are meant for Auto Parking brake. If you enable the settings and the menu, you get an additional menu selection under settings called "Brakes" and in there is the Automatic Parking Brake selection. I dont think AutoPark as we see it in AlfaOBD is to actually disable the AutoPark feature.

However, I have *not* had U05 applied to my truck, maybe someone with the update applied can take a look to see if their settings are different.

DamnRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I saw auto park pop up on this new module I have that allows me to change and add things like DRL, tow mirrors present, etc...

I wonder if I will be able to disable it if they perform the recall on my truck.

What is this witch craft you speak of?

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
What is this witch craft you speak of?
Tell me more

Check out this thread. Has the software and the OBD link. Basically we've got software that allows us to do many things that normally you'd had to take a trip to the dealer for.

As an example I recently turned on my DRL and added the tow mirror option to my truck so the tow mirrors I added function correctly when folded out.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Scary, hope my '13 never gets it. If it applied the brakes could tolerate, but don't want to tear up my transmission!
It won’t tear up the transmission. It only works below a certain speed, pretty much idle speed. Any higher it won’t work.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer installed it without asking when I took my truck in for the tailgate recall. Ever since my truck has been jerking when I go from park to drive, and when it down shifts to first coming to a stop. Already called dealer about removing it, and he said put a few miles on it, it should smooth back out. Something about the update cleared the shifting history. Probably bs. :(

2016 Ram 1500 Sport
My 2017 did this over the first few thousand miles of ownership - I did not believe the dealer that the transmission had to "learn" my driving style. Somewhere around 5,000 miles everything smoothed out.

Hopefully yours is in the same mode and it will return to smooth shifting.

DReinke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out this thread. Has the software and the OBD link. Basically we've got software that allows us to do many things that normally you'd had to take a trip to the dealer for.

As an example I recently turned on my DRL and added the tow mirror option to my truck so the tow mirrors I added function correctly when folded out.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

Arth,
I looked at the site and cannot find the software and OBD link. Can you please provide the details you referred to or direct me to where I can find them in the link you sent.

Thanks,
Dave

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read that AlfaOBD thread at your own peril, folks! You'll either be totally into it or not care at all...I fall into the latter camp as I'm perfectly happy with my Reb as delivered (well, from an electronic standpoint anyway).

Anyway, back to FCA Recall # U07...I find it hilarious that FCA notifies us via their apps (I'm viewing in My Mopar) and online at the Mopar.com site, but when you click on the PDF logo fo' mo' info, it either takes you to an empty page (in the case of the former) or a dead link (in the case of the latter).

Seriously, FCA, you issue a recall-campaign but don't give us owners all the deets on it?

TXCOMT

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read that AlfaOBD thread at your own peril, folks! You'll either be totally into it or not care at all...I fall into the latter camp as I'm perfectly happy with my Reb as delivered (well, from an electronic standpoint anyway).

Anyway, back to FCA Recall # U07...I find it hilarious that FCA notifies us via their apps (I'm viewing in My Mopar) and online at the Mopar.com site, but when you click on the PDF logo fo' mo' info, it either takes you to an empty page (in the case of the former) or a dead link (in the case of the latter).

Seriously, FCA, you issue a recall-campaign but don't give us owners all the deets on it?

TXCOMT

Every campaign or recall on my '17 has been greeted the same way, but usually Googling the campaign or recall number will land you on the PDF from somewhere.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's probably the auto-park thing; I just got an oil change at the dealership last week and I declined the upgrade too...
Quite frankly, after UConnect did an un-authorized "update" (read; an ENTIRELY NEW RADIO OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH SUCKS-SWAMP-WATER COMPARED TO THE ORIGINAL ONE I HAD and LOVED THE WAY THE OLD ONE WORKED!" I will NEVER allow any more supposed "upgrades" to my vehicle... They can get a judge to try and force me to do it, I don't give a crap!
It's been over a year since they shoved that down my throat and my radio/nav. system STILL doesn't work as good or with the same features as what I used to have!
I seriously am entertaining a class action lawsuit to try and get my old radio/nav system back...

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

TXCOMT

LoL...
TXCOMT, I'd bet (based upon how my last radio update debacle went) that MOPAR really has NO CLUE regarding EXACTLY what the update will entail and what EXACTLY it will affect! LoL...
They can't ell you what they don't really know...
:mad::(:eek::oops::Boo::emotions122:

MOPAR "customer service" :biggun:

BriamH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

TXCOMT

It's working for me.

upload_2018-10-8_13-21-3.png

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heh go figure my U05 and U74 links work now, too.

U61 still broken but I already had that done anyway.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well i guess its not the auto park. Wonder who hacked the system and what they did

I think they were just showing you whichever on worked....the one in the pic is R40 which is not the AutoPark one (which would be U05 or U07)

I have the AutoPark one on mine:

upload_2018-10-8_13-34-54.png

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the key...it's asking us non-AutoParkers to become disciples of that stupid system (U07 must be for the '16 vehicles). Well guess what, FCA? I don't want it on my Reb, so that lil' campaign will be ignored by this owner!

TXCOMT

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have nothing new yet on my trucks. Last one was the tailgate for the 17 and they extended the auto park so my 11 now has the recall notice for it on the dealer computer,but no mail notice yet.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ya'll may think I'm nuts but I think the autopark update wasn't part of the cruise control recall / update. Well before this U07 autopark "campaign" came out, I got the cruise control recall done. Before the cruise control update was done, I was able to and DID open my door while moving the truck around doing yard work and it was fine. After the cruise control update, I had autopark. When I look on the Mopar site, it shows I still haven't had the U07 campaign done.

More people might have the autopark than they realize. My question is, if it was packaged with the cruise control recall, why is there a new U07 campaign?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Cruise recall was different. Fuel tank calibration for guys with the bigger tank was paired with the autopark.