New to me....2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4...first impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DeckArtist

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the video. Gonna leave mine as is unless it makes a big difference to add electric fans and kill the shutters.

yeah, I'll get used to it, but I still wish I had the floor shifter instead.

JohnUSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats! Nice ride! I see what you mean. The tow mirrors and door handles don't bother me...but having the black front and chrome rear bumper looks odd to me.

I'd have it painted at least.....but your call. I don't know why someone would go through all that and then only change out the front....but who knows...

Good luck with the new ride
In another, and poorer, life, I had a truck with silver painted rims. I painted one side black, and ran out of paint. And that's the way she stayed until sold. It was seldom noticed, can only see one side at a time :)

OP
OP
DeckArtist

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hadn't been back to this thread for a long time. The 2013 had a fatal flaw in the motor. On the 6th day I finally heard it and took it to a mechanic who told me it was something internal. Took it back to the dealer on the 7th day and they said they would fix it thinking it was the serpentine belt idler. Told them it wasn't, but they insisted they would fix it. Three days later I got the call that it needed a new motor and they switched me over to a 2016 Sport that was optioned very similarly but in dark blue.
I have since traded that one for the '20 Rebel. Now have over 69k on it. Of the three Rams this one is definitely my favorite. Only problems so far are two broken valve springs fixed under warranty of course. I bought the 7 year unlimited mileage warranty that covers everything.