New-to-me 2017 R/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After about six months of searching, I found a clean R/T! It’s loaded with about every option, 41k miles, looks to have had some work done. It has a Flowmaster 40 single in dial out with what appears to be three stock resonators, and 5” Carven tips. He put a Mag Hytec rear diff cover but I believe it still has stock 3.92, it runs 2k rpm right at 70mph. Unsure of any other work done in the diff. Also appears to have an aluminum driveshaft but I think that may be stock, I know some of these had aluminum shafts. This truck was built at the Saltillo plant.

Other than that he put 305/45 Nitto Terra Grapplers on, an LED strip between rear bumper and bottom of tailgate, a nice tonneau and BedRug.

As of now, I plan on swapping the 40 for a Super 10 and lose the resonators, possibly lowering the rear with the McGaugheys 2” springs. Long term I’d love to put a P1SC Procharger on.

so far I love this truck!

ZfYx6p.jpg
ZfYcjF.jpg
ZfYgOt.jpg
ZfYJv5.jpg
ZfyDk2.jpg
ZfyZJE.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Dang good looking truck!!!!

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow!!......very nice!......looks clean..... congrats on the find & welcome to the forum!

what part of texas?

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like a custom aftermarket super deluxe .50 Cal antenna too. :D

Nice and clean. Congrats!

OP
OP
Milspec

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow!!......very nice!......looks clean..... congrats on the find & welcome to the forum!

what part of texas?

Thanks co-pilot! I’m in Irving, in DFW area. I had an 04 reg cab sport hemi that I absolutely loved, put 156k miles on it before I sold. My wife and I both have Wranglers and ended up trading mine for this. Took about 6 months of watching dealer lots and autotrader religiously.

I snagged this the day it listed and they were getting numerous inquiries incoming while we were finalizing the paperwork.

super excited and don’t plan on putting a ton of miles on it, more of a toy at this point.

OP
OP
Milspec

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like a custom aftermarket super deluxe .50 Cal antenna too. :D

Nice and clean. Congrats!

I can take credit for the antenna!! It’s almost the size of a 20mm actually, the bullet antenna on my wife’s Rubicon is more along the size of a .50. Nevertheless, that and wheel locks were my first of many mods

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Congrats on the truck and welcome to RamForum.

MickeyGreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow that is a nice truck!! Looks super clean, and the mods that are done look really nice. Really set off a classic style! Congrats!

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Damn.... i am SUPER jelous of your hood and front bumper, and your dif cover.

Love the truck, its what i wish mine was haha

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Nice, I like the stance, not too low, perfect for every day driving. Never mind me I am an old man, I'm sure it will look good when you slam it too.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Nice looking truck! Very clean!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wow ! Nice find, I also like the stance as is. Congrats and enjoy.

OP
OP
Milspec

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everybody! I too like the stance so may leave the suspension alone. Should have the Super 10 swapped in early next week. Also thinking about the Banks pedal monster...I don’t want to mess with the PCM and tuner just yet, the Procharger kit I’m looking at comes with a tune.

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice Truck! I am not too far away from you. Im in DFW also!

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really like the R/T's, but they stopped making them before I got my 2019 RCSB Express. I did add the color match mirrors, color matched door handles, leather wrapped steering wheel with audio controls and the upper glove box lid. Mine did come with the 8.4 and better gauge cluster.

My truck also has an aluminum drive shaft stock.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
nice truck, definitely needs to be lowered, I went with the same kit you mentioned, well, at least in name. Mine has the drop spindles and a rear flip kit and performance shocks to keep it from bottoming out.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How
After about six months of searching, I found a clean R/T! It’s loaded with about every option, 41k miles, looks to have had some work done. It has a Flowmaster 40 single in dial out with what appears to be three stock resonators, and 5” Carven tips. He put a Mag Hytec rear diff cover but I believe it still has stock 3.92, it runs 2k rpm right at 70mph. Unsure of any other work done in the diff. Also appears to have an aluminum driveshaft but I think that may be stock, I know some of these had aluminum shafts. This truck was built at the Saltillo plant.

Other than that he put 305/45 Nitto Terra Grapplers on, an LED strip between rear bumper and bottom of tailgate, a nice tonneau and BedRug.

As of now, I plan on swapping the 40 for a Super 10 and lose the resonators, possibly lowering the rear with the McGaugheys 2” springs. Long term I’d love to put a P1SC Procharger on.

so far I love this truck!

ZfYx6p.jpg
ZfYcjF.jpg
ZfYgOt.jpg
ZfYJv5.jpg
ZfyDk2.jpg
ZfyZJE.jpg
How do u NOT love a truck that looks that good?

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice , last year for the R/T badging too. I had a 2016 that got totaled, have a 2018 now, great trucks!