New Wheel Hub Assembly leaking grease around seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian7874

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L Mopar Gen V8
Yesterday I was putting in new sway bar end links, and gave my suspension a once over just to make sure everything was solid, and noticed the new wheel hub assembly I installed a couple of weeks ago had a bit of grease around the seal. I’m not an expert when it comes to wheel hubs or wheel bearings by any means, and just wanted to know if this is normal or not. I went with SKF hub assembly mainly because of price, the 3 year warranty, and it just seemed like the best bang for my buck at the time and it got pretty descent reviews. The Moog was about 50 bucks more, and that’s what I usually purchase when it comes to the suspension, but with the holidays here I decided to save a few dollars this time.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
A little bit of grease sweat on the inside of the hub is pretty normal, as long as you’re not seeing fresh gobs of grease it’s fine.