Not a happy camper with new 2019 limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Reminds me of the growing pains I had with my 2013, fist model year for the Gen 4s. After dozens of reflashes and "adjustments" the truck turned out to be fault free and reliable. I still have it and plan on keeping it. Hang in there.

jbowen52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Satellite radio is all we have used, Not sure about the regular radio. It's not from being in a garage or under a overpass it happens out in the wide open randomly.
My 2014 satellite radio works great usually in open areas in Florida, but if you get into an area of heavy forest, it cuts out frequently. Hope that is all it is.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
By the picture you have tow mirrors so you wouldn't have surround camera per this thread: http://www.ramforum.com/threads/2019-ram-buyers-please-read.119407/#post-1716803

There was some incorrect window stickers put on trucks with the tow mirrors that said they also had the surround view camera system.

The other stuff sucks but not really that big of deal.... it happens and the dealer should be able to take care of it.

BTW, super sharp looking truck!!!!
It makes no sense why you would not have surround cameras with tow mirrors. I would think towing is the only reason you want surround views!

ohiobf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could you take picture of the sticker on the drivers side door jam listing GVWR & payload? Thanks.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
You may have wanted to play with it, I did not ( seen it on a pacifica) It is on the window sticker that we looked at with all the other options we wanted. When we drove it, It was backed into a spot never payed much attention to it.

We have bought 4 new Trucks and two new cars from FCA last 15 years. We just purchased /ordered a 2018 Scat pack. We thought it had the Harmon kardon sound system in it,but after taking delivery and running around we found it never had it. So you can even order what you want and sometimes it still never comes out like you planned. We did in fact have two problem trucks over the past few years. One was corrected perfectly by FCA its why we bought another,but we had one FCA never did really correct it and lost$$ on the truck by Dumping it and ordering another. The Ram trucks are a very good truck but one truck almost made us never buy another product.FCA can be and was helpful on all,with exception of one.

Hope you do very well with your new 19 1500. We are watching with great interest as we are getting ready to trade our 14 Ram off for a 19 but not sure its going to be a Ram just yet.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My local dealer picked up the tab when my power sterring went out on my 2010..Warranty time was gone by a cpl months but barely any miles on it..Totally cover the bill,i went to a local coffee shop and picked up a wack of donuts and a cpl gallons of coffee for the dealership to say thanks....With my 16 i had a cpl minor issues and again that dealer was on top of it...They take care of me for sure..

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how would a camera on the tow mirrors work anyway since you flip them up or down

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
how would a camera on the tow mirrors work anyway since you flip them up or down

It is probably programmed to just re-orient itself, kind of like your phone camera when you turn the phone.

Matches

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It makes no sense why you would not have surround cameras with tow mirrors. I would think towing is the only reason you want surround views!
It’s because Ram towing mirrors swivel unlike Fords that pull straight out. If you swivel the mirror to tow the camera would point into the ground or the air.

rblochli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Sorry you're having issues, nice looking rig! Hope everything works out!

19RamLimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After ordering it months ago, I picked up my 2019 Limited on Friday. Although I'm thrilled to finally get into the truck, the 12-Inch UConnect system at this time is absolute garbage. The SiriusXM screen freezes when the full-screen view is selected, the entire system freezes when I hit the backup camera icon and requires me to restart the truck, when I tried apple car-play the screen would start flickering and flashing before locking up, and when I tried bluetooth it took 2 solid days to get some contacts to load from my phone into the system. During that time if I tried to set up the "Favorites" from my contacts the entire system would freeze. The Uconnect activation wouldn't work from the dash unit itself and had to be activated by the dealership. The SiriusXM pre-sets will not save and I noticed that it was in demo mode. Once I selected to exit demo mode, the system froze.

Not exactly what you want for a truck with 100 miles on it that I just paid $57K for.

I love my dealership, but even they aren't exactly up to speed considering my truck was the first one they had sold with the new system.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some substantial updates to get rid of all these glitches. I can't believe they have been pumping up this system and weren't able to deliver out of the gate.

If any FCA people want to reach out to offer some tips or assistance, feel free!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ dang that’s terrible, and the dealership has no fix for this?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Seeing as it’s a “ new “ infotainment system, I’m sure it will be a little bit. They generally use us as their experiment stage. My 2018 infotainment had to be replaced already as none of the service techs had even remotely been taught what to do. It sucks because if the 2019 Ram is like my 2018 Accord, a lot of the system goes through it in order to function...

Father Of Four

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After ordering it months ago, I picked up my 2019 Limited on Friday. Although I'm thrilled to finally get into the truck, the 12-Inch UConnect system at this time is absolute garbage. The SiriusXM screen freezes when the full-screen view is selected, the entire system freezes when I hit the backup camera icon and requires me to restart the truck, when I tried apple car-play the screen would start flickering and flashing before locking up, and when I tried bluetooth it took 2 solid days to get some contacts to load from my phone into the system. During that time if I tried to set up the "Favorites" from my contacts the entire system would freeze. The Uconnect activation wouldn't work from the dash unit itself and had to be activated by the dealership. The SiriusXM pre-sets will not save and I noticed that it was in demo mode. Once I selected to exit demo mode, the system froze.

Not exactly what you want for a truck with 100 miles on it that I just paid $57K for.

I love my dealership, but even they aren't exactly up to speed considering my truck was the first one they had sold with the new system.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some substantial updates to get rid of all these glitches. I can't believe they have been pumping up this system and weren't able to deliver out of the gate.

If any FCA people want to reach out to offer some tips or assistance, feel free!

Have they updated the system? Im pretty sure there are 2 or 3 software updates for it, already!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93