OEM 4 Button AUX Switch Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone on here have one for sale???!!!!

Coop23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OEM auxiliary push buttons

I bought and installed the panel, but I can't find the location in the engine bay for the plug ins. I have a 2012 RAM 1500 sport. Can someone tell me where to find them please.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought and installed the panel, but I can't find the location in the engine bay for the plug ins. I have a 2012 RAM 1500 sport. Can someone tell me where to find them please.

Just did mine last week. There is not already a place to plug it in. Did you get the pigtail wiring to go along with the switch panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No I did not. I was told that it was wired for the panel already, with the plug that was plugged into the blank panel before I put the switches in.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You already had a plug there? And it fit your new switch panel? I had to buy a plug and terminals and make a little harness that I ran into the engine compartment. I thought that is what everyone had to do on a 1500.

Coop23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah I had a plug there already that then runs into a bigger wiring harnesses in the dash.

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Coop23 can u take pictures and post them please!!??

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now that I think of it, I had a plug as well. But I never did bother to see where it went.

Egor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I did not. I was told that it was wired for the panel already, with the plug that was plugged into the blank panel before I put the switches in.

Make sure that the connector you think is for the auxiliary switch is not the one for the heated seats I know that some people have used it and it didn't work. Because I have heard of them leaving the heated seat plug behind the blank plate.

Coop23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You were right it was for headed seats. Does anyone know where I can get the pigtail wiring?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer will be able to get it for you. The part number is in the first post.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I would love to see someone pull together the part numbers and diagrams to do this on a 2013+

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
I would love to see someone pull together the part numbers and diagrams to do this on a 2013+

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

It takes a little more than that on the '13 and newer trucks because of all the different options controlled by the same panel. I spent two hours with the parts guy at my local dealer just to find one with the same buttons. Also all convenience controls (heated seats, cooled seats, heated steering wheel) automatically move up to your touchscreen. If you don't have the upgraded radio/climate/audio screen and you have the heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel it won't work. There is no way to control them and it will throw codes.

If doing the install on a 1500 you also need to find the correct Tyco insert terminals for the factory plug. I'm about two weeks into this on my '15 and it is a royal PITA. May just buy an aftermarket switch kit.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
It takes a little more than that on the '13 and newer trucks because of all the different options controlled by the same panel. I spent two hours with the parts guy at my local dealer just to find one with the same buttons. Also all convenience controls (heated seats, cooled seats, heated steering wheel) automatically move up to your touchscreen. If you don't have the upgraded radio/climate/audio screen and you have the heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel it won't work. There is no way to control them and it will throw codes.

If doing the install on a 1500 you also need to find the correct Tyco insert terminals for the factory plug. I'm about two weeks into this on my '15 and it is a royal PITA. May just buy an aftermarket switch kit.

Keep at it man and take pictures before/after for a write up.

MY4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know about a switch panel for a 2014 1500?

moto_hero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
help

Hello fellas

I wanted to post my experience with the AUX switches that I installed on my 2012 ram 2500.

So to start out I did not do my research well I looked up and found that mopar made an aux switch panel. I saw it and said that was perfectf or the clean factory look I wanted .

So after ordering the panel and my lights I realized that I had no idea what I was doing. No matter what I did the panel wouldn't work .This is where I found this thread and MYoung's post and pictures. I read it and felt like I was a pig looking at a wristwatch. I had no idea what it meant. I read it for several days over and over till I thoughti had it figured out . I did not know relays were required nor did I know that I would have to purchase some to make this setup work. So just to make sure everyone is clear you need the switch panel, wiring, and relays or relay box to make this work, at least in my case .

So after getting everythingt together I pulled the dash apart again and ran the 12v keyed power source from the fuse box (m6) and my wires for my lights. I then did a dry run and hooked all the wires up as depicted in the first post. It didn't work so I switched everything around in regards to what wires I was using on the panel and it worked.

I then attatched the relays to the inside of the dash where there is the void under the radio and proceeded to hardwire everything together. Tested it one last time and then put the dash back together .

I'm super happy with the results and I hope this post helps others that are as dense as myself when it comes to wiring.

Attachments

• IMAG0524.jpg
    IMAG0524.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMAG0525.jpg
    IMAG0525.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG0527.jpg
    IMAG0527.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 310
  • IMAG0530.jpg
    IMAG0530.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 243

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks pretty good. I just made a little harness before I installed mine. I made it so the little connector that goes to the switch panel had 1 foot of wire to tap into the power for the key on power port, 2 feet of wire to run to a ground in the left kick panel and about 6 feet of wire, all different colors, that I ran through the firewall. I used two of the wires to got to relays that are mounted on the cowl for lights I have on the front. The others two are bundled up so they are easily accessible and are waiting to go to my lights on the back. Keeps the relay were you can get to them if you need to and limits the amount of extra wiring inside.

8fbfb360b226e834a822b652116856fe.jpg9b4b4bb561b65f1e3114a15431d72411.jpg

brownsanta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
thanks been looking for a factory switch option

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I love this mod. I use 2 of them right now. Adding a 3rd to it soon to control more lights.

I have my amp and my LED bar on it.