OEM 4 Button AUX Switch Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Went all Indiana Jones and found this jem !!

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found a used one on ebay for $35 so I couldn't pass it up. Just need to buy the harness and figure out what to use them for. I assume if you power the switch panel that there are lights that highlight the panel at night?

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
I found a used one on ebay for $35 so I couldn't pass it up. Just need to buy the harness and figure out what to use them for. I assume if you power the switch panel that there are lights that highlight the panel at night?

What did you use as a search term? Should have thought of this !

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram upfitter switches. I saw one the other day with the harness but haven't seen it lately.
I got lucky when I found mine. It was put on ebay about three hours before I bought it...I didn't hesitate!

Daffy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First off, I want to thank you for posting you article on AUX switch, It has been a great help to me. I plan on installing one set of fog lamps, one set of spot lamps, and one set of driving lights on my 09 Ram. I want the fog lights to com on with the low beam lights, and the driving lights to come on with the high beam lights. and the spots to run independently from the head lights and operate only from the aux. switch.
To accomplish this I tapped two trigger wires for the relays one and two into the high and low beam headlight feed at the headlight plug drivers side. Can I use the hot trigger wire from the low beam lights to trigger one relay closed so the fog lights operate when the low beams are on, by feeding a feed to the fog lights through #87 and # 30 from the battery when the relay trips by the low beam trigger wire. Then when I toggle the high beam switch on the steering column to high beam the # one relay would drop out and the #2 relay would trip from the high beam trigger wire and the driving lights would get their feed from the battery. If this would work do I need to be concerned about protecting the Aux. switch from stray voltage when the relay trips. I would be operating two 130w floods, and two 55w fog lights on a flip flop set up. I notice that on your drawing there isn't any provision or mention of voltage spike or protection for the electronics if it occurs, is it necessary do you think?

I basically want to use the Aux as a master switch for the extra lighting, If I don't need or want the extra lighting at all times then the Aux switch would act as a master switch preventing the extra lights from coming on , and the factory set up could carry on as normal.
I had first intended to use the four relays on the aux switch to operate the relays on the lighting harness that comes with the lights I am installing, but this may be too redundant. I would appreciate your comments you may have in this regard. The spots would be operated by the aux switch only, and the #4 relay would be for future use.
Hope I haven't confused you!
Thanks
Daffy

bmsma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
quick question, just ordered the panel and harness, i will be using relays on all loads, but for the 12 vdc input on pins 1 & 7 i will find a switched power can you tie both 1 & 7 to the same switched source since it will be minimum current flow to the panel itself and they load power will go thru the relay and not the switch ??

Daffy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trouble shoot 4 button aux. switch

I installed the 4 button aux switch, all buttons work except for #1. Is there any way to troubleshoot that switch to confirm that the circuit for #1 switch is good, or if I check the wiring again and find its good does that mean the switch is bad by default? Any suggestions or help with this problem would be welcomed.
Thanks

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Does anyone have an accurate wiring diagram for 2013-2014 aux panels? the one diagram i have and found for the 2500 upfitter doesnt match the pin layout of the aux panel that i have...

20150313_170340.jpg

Upfitter%20pinout.jpg

the pins dont match up, the bottom row is on the opposite side as the diagram

Last edited:

Daffy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just since there has been so much discussion about adding more switches to the panel, thought I would share this:

68dxVdUw72CVXHGqSkox_YgynrmHSKUEJknPE=w600-h450-no.jpg

Put my after market seat heater switches in a couple of the blank location. So IT CAN BE DONE! :superhack:

Fine job, looks great

easydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I installed Aux. switch as per the wiring diagram, but AUX # 1 button doesn't control. It lights up but will not operate relay. Will recheck wiring, but assuming all is ok, does anybody have any Idea what might be the problem?

Easydog

OP
OP
myoung84

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What's wirrd to the other side of the relay coil? The switch panel output is ground so you'll need 12v on the opposite side of the relay coil.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

easydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have 12volts jumped to the other side of the coil, but can't seem to get the ground from the switch. the led did light up when I was wiring up the other buttons, but now that I am down to the last one (#1) the led isn't on either. I will check the wire from the switch for continuity, but it is part of a harness so I don't expect to find anything. Do you have any suggestions for checking the switch itself while I have it out of the dash?

Regards
Easydog

easydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have 12volts jumped to the other side of the coil, but can't seem to get the ground from the switch. the led did light up when I was wiring up the other buttons, but now that I am down to the last one (#1) the led isn't on either. I will check the wire from the switch for continuity, but it is part of a harness so I don't expect to find anything. Do you have any suggestions for checking the switch itself while I have it out of the dash?

Regards
Easydog

Thanks My young 84
For your help and the information you have provided to the site. Problem traced to a bad ground. With the information you have posted with regard to the details for wiring this switch and the switch number itself, the job would not have been completed with out it successfully.

Regards
Easydog

coolbrzblu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone used the aux switches to activate nitrous or a bottle heater? Is it possible to do, or is it better to use a dedicated nitrous panel?

SlightlyTweaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI VVT
I have to say that the AUX switches were an option that just happened to be on my truck when I bought it and didnt think much about it. After adding light bars, etc I have to say its one of the best options anyone could get. Makes adding accessories 1000x easier!!

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My one gripe about this switch is that it isn't illuminated, so at night it's hard to see which switch you're hitting (first world problems I know). Has anyone figured a way or if it's even possible?

easydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Check that you have the connections correct, each button has an led that does light up. My young 84 has a good post with everything you need to know. good luck

Easydog

easydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
For Sale
One 4 button Aux. switch and switch harness for 4th Gen Dodge Ram, fits bottom knock out panel of centre bezel $80.00
Easydog