Offset on a 14 R/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMMSTEIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I apologize in advance for starting another thread if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find an answer using the search..
I, like many as it would appear, am debating on how I would like to lower my truck. My question is do 14 R/T's come with a different offset then other SCSB Ram's? I ask because as it sits now (stock) it looks to me that my wheels stick out a hair past the fenders, I'm not sure if the rim/tire combo are just offset on purpose to give it a more aggressive look, or if there is physically a difference. My concern comes because I am leaning towards the Mcgaughy deluxe and I have seen a comment here and there that the spindles change the offset. Anyone know how much truth if any, there is to the spindle changing the offset and if R/T's have something different that may also give them a different offset then non R/T's???

Future plans include some SRT-10 wheels and I was concerned if the offset will be an issue as well.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Our offset are the same as RCSB, unsure about the drop kits.

OP
OP
RAMMSTEIN

RAMMSTEIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thanks, that's good to know..
I guess Ram felt it appropriate to make the R/t rims a little more (or less? I forgot if positive or negative sticks out further) offset for the look.

Speedy McD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Single Cab 2x4
Engine
Pentastar V6, 8 Speed
The RT models come with a 9" wheel and a 285 tire. Regular Express models have a 8.5" wheel and 275 tire. That is why the RT stance looks wider.

OP
OP
RAMMSTEIN

RAMMSTEIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
the rim width really doesn't have much to do with it.. I put my stock mustang wheels on my brothers ranger and I needed 1" wheel spacers/adapters to bring the rim out to about were the stocks lined up. That was going from a 14x6 with a 205 to a 17x8 with a 255, wider rim and tire.

evanblain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't add anything about the lowering but the more negative the offset means the tires will stick out of the fender more

Sent from my ST27a using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAMMSTEIN

RAMMSTEIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
appreciate that info.. I remember when i was a kid seeing mini-trucks slammed with the wheels sticking way out and thinking they were so cool.. Not saying I still think they are cool, but if someone out there is selling a '93 B2200.. let me know

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just look along side of highways and in ditches... Oh maybe trash cans....

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess you could always stuff a LS in there, drop it and tuck some 24" and, well sorry I just don't think they make that much lip stick....

MikeG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess you could always stuff a LS in there, drop it and tuck some 24" and, well sorry I just don't think they make that much lip stick....

That some funny chit. Lol

I liked the old hardbody Nissan more then the Mazda

OP
OP
RAMMSTEIN

RAMMSTEIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yeah, the window that came up over the roofline was cool.. but I didn't want to be the new guy saying I like the hardbody... might get too many likes, and that's not my flavor. :big_banana_Dance:

OP
OP
RAMMSTEIN

RAMMSTEIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Let me try this another way.. Does anyone have a Mg deluxe kit and if so did you notice after the install if your front wheels stuck out a little further???

chrisb38002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me try this another way.. Does anyone have a Mg deluxe kit and if so did you notice after the install if your front wheels stuck out a little further???

I have the McG deluxe kit on mine. It does move the front wheels out a little, about 1/4 to 1/2". Not really that noticable unless you really look for it.
That's really the only negative I have with this kit.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FWIW I've read many times that the spindles were designed to be used in conjunction with 2" drop springs and moving the wheel out helped with any alignment issues.

I don't know how true it is, but it seems to hold true with my setup. I'm using 2" springs with their spindles for a 4" drop and my front wheels only stick out 1/4" maybe and 1/4" wheel spacers took care of that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerred17