Performance Curve catback, any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dodge96Ram

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Not for sale its in use lol im sure a local shop could make one for you though. Thats not on my ram its on my Jeep but when the time comes ill have one made for the ram also.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Damn. lol

I dunno if my exhaust guy has a mandrel bender though, but I'll find that out when it comes time to do exhaust on the 76.

How much did that run you?

OP
OP
Dodge96Ram

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
It was all done for my Grand Cherokee with a 5.9 in it. I bought the flowmaster y pipe, 3" magnaflow cat, 3" ****** muffler, and 3" tail pipe. I had the shop bend up the pipes and install everything. I think they charged me about $250 said and done which i thought was very reasonable. Total investment was in the $600 range. Performance difference was HUGE, best money ever spent on a single mod. I have headers for it also which will go on the new engine. Doug Thorley ceramic headers. $750 for the headers alone. Wish they could be found as cheap as ram headers but not so much lol

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Headers.jpg
    Headers.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hmm...too bad I've already replaced my cat otherwise that's very tempting.

OP
OP
Dodge96Ram

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
i'll be using thrush glasspacks which are completly straight through, unlike cherrybombs which have little louvers in them.

i want them, because i want the flowmaster sound (that muffler is a 40 knockoff) but i want it quite a bit quieter since i'm moving to Illinois in 1-1/2 months and they are very strict on exhaust systems.

Have you completed this yet? If so, can you post a video of how it sounds with the glasspacks on it?

Larry_Flynt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered this cat-back with the Full Boar muffler. When I get it on I will post some pics and put up a sound clip.