Performance Issues (stock/canned tune, octane)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Yes, but you just wouldn't be able to see it until you plugged the tuner into your computer. That's what's nice about the T 1000 - you can see it all as you drive!

That's not true. You can view all the parameters while your driving with Intune.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Interesting. I just ordered a bluetooth OBD2 adapter off ebay and downloaded the Torque lite app on my android. I think this would be a cool cheap way to see whats going on.

But as far as tuning goes for the ECM… theres gotta be a better answer than a $350 diablo tuner. Im looking to just mess with the TM so the truck feels more peppy and lower my fan temps for a colder Tstat that I want to stick in.

Quick question. Theres nothing special about the Tstat in the hemi right? Now specific part # or style. Its just a standard chevy/ford/mopar thermostat? I have a crap load of them for my chevy and ford race cars.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only option for fan temp control is Diablo.

The thermostat is the same throughout all the modern Hemis, you can get a cheap 180° Stant at any parts store.

OP
OP
dtru1222

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting. I just ordered a bluetooth OBD2 adapter off ebay and downloaded the Torque lite app on my android. I think this would be a cool cheap way to see whats going on.

But as far as tuning goes for the ECM… theres gotta be a better answer than a $350 diablo tuner. Im looking to just mess with the TM so the truck feels more peppy and lower my fan temps for a colder Tstat that I want to stick in.

Quick question. Theres nothing special about the Tstat in the hemi right? Now specific part # or style. Its just a standard chevy/ford/mopar thermostat? I have a crap load of them for my chevy and ford race cars.

Well from what I have gathered over the years is that for the Dodge/Ram/Chrysler platform they are the best bet.

Customer service is lacking at times but its an awesome product.