Performance Issues (stock/canned tune, octane)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dtru1222

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
haven't seen ST or LT data on the Bully Dog, does this only show on the DS?

I am not familiar with the Bully Dog tuner but that would be a big parameter to skip. Give them a call then let us know what they say. I am sure your not the only one who has had that same question.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let us know what you get back from them. I cant think of any other term it would go by. Detonation maybe?

I got a reply back from the app developer indicating he wasn't familiar with ST or LT knock and asking for me to be more specific. Here's my reply after doing a little more research of my own on knock

Sorry,

Short term and long term knock retard. I'm interested in logging the overall degrees of ignition timing advance that are removed by my PCM to prevent detonation and what the effect of higher quality fuels have on those numbers. Hope that makes more sense?

14RAMRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Subd thread for later. My '14 ram just hit 500 miles and I used 91 octane shell from California on its second fill up. I'll look into one of those cheap obd's to check out the knock. I ordered a catch can already.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
****. Heard back from the developer for DashCommand. Doesn't support ST or LT Knock for Dodge. Anyone know of another App for IPad that might? I could always break out my old android phone I guess and use it dedicated for this but it was never terribly reliable.

OP
OP
dtru1222

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
****. Heard back from the developer for DashCommand. Doesn't support ST or LT Knock for Dodge. Anyone know of another App for IPad that might? I could always break out my old android phone I guess and use it dedicated for this but it was never terribly reliable.

I had an android at the time and used the Torq app. See if its available on the Apple app store yet.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an android at the time and used the Torq app. See if its available on the Apple app store yet.

Nah nothing in the App Store that I can see. I'm gonna dig out my old android phone and see if I can get it too work.

skyguy04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too am having difficulties finding an app that reads ST and LT Knock Retard. I purchased the dashCommand app before doing enough research to learn it doesn't support those PID's. There is something under "spark" called "Ignition Timing Advance for #1 Cylinder". Any idea what that is?

The ELM OBDII device i purchased came with a CD that some software for ios. However, i've never loaded an app from a file. Didn't even know you could do that. I didn't attempt an install.

Has anyone else had luck logging ST and LT knock retard on IOS?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I've only seen Diablo log ST and LT knock..

Pretty **** if you ask me. Stupid mopar's have to be so difficult. lol

OP
OP
dtru1222

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I find it odd that everyone is having issues. I literally bought the first one I saw and the software that came with it showed ST and LT.

Has anyone tried the Torq app yet? Or does everyone have an Iphone?

UM RAMMIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have just purchased my first Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 ltr engine, I have two quick questions if someone can answer for me.
1. While dirving at 55 to 70 mph if I roll my rear windows down my truck begins to shake violently. I called the dealership and they told me that is a normal thing just roll down my front windows a little bit. Is this a true cause and effect statement?
2. What is the best synthetic oil and filter to use on my truck? Or do you reccommend using synthetic oil?

OP
OP
dtru1222

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have just purchased my first Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 ltr engine, I have two quick questions if someone can answer for me.
1. While dirving at 55 to 70 mph if I roll my rear windows down my truck begins to shake violently. I called the dealership and they told me that is a normal thing just roll down my front windows a little bit. Is this a true cause and effect statement?
2. What is the best synthetic oil and filter to use on my truck? Or do you reccommend using synthetic oil?

1. My truck did the same thing.

2. As long as you stay with the recommended weight I dont think you can go wrong. I personally use Amsoil SS, but Pennzoil Platinum is very popular.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I find it odd that everyone is having issues. I literally bought the first one I saw and the software that came with it showed ST and LT.

Has anyone tried the Torq app yet? Or does everyone have an Iphone?

Yeah, that's why I've had since it first came out. The paid version too.

I made another post on their forum and see if I get any info.
There has to be a PID for it. I just don't know the number.

OP
OP
dtru1222

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, that's why I've had since it first came out. The paid version too.

I made another post on their forum and see if I get any info.
There has to be a PID for it. I just don't know the number.

When I get home I can look at some of my data logs to see if there is a PID number.

OP
OP
dtru1222

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for the late response. I took a look and couldnt find a PID number. Did you ever figure it out?

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the Diablo Sport InTune have the ability to datalog ST and LT knock?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Does the Diablo Sport InTune have the ability to datalog ST and LT knock?
Yes, but you just wouldn't be able to see it until you plugged the tuner into your computer. That's what's nice about the T 1000 - you can see it all as you drive!