Power windows only work from driver's control.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcolton84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My power windows (all 4) only work from the driver's door controls and not from the individual doors. I have checked to make sure the window lock is not on but I am stuck after that. Any help or suggestions where to begin?

OP
OP
R

rcolton84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Read another posting with a similar issue. I will try to check any solder connections on the window lock button to be sure it is good. Hopefully that solves my issue.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check the wires in the rubber boot between the door and the cab. A few guys have found broken wires inside those.

Take a look at the master switch and see if it broken.

TwelfthCoin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500 quad cab
Engine
i have a similar issue except mine randomly works sometimes the other doors will control and sometimes it wont and when i try to roll down two windows at once it seems to bogg down(it goes alot slower than if i did one at a time) and the leds on the switch get really dim

:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same issue with what is said above. Only thing is it only goes slow when trying to lower the both front windows (passenger goes slow). But regardless passenger side goes down slow even when doing by itself. Also passenger side doesn't go down by itself only master control, I gotta look at boot. Anyone know how to take plastic controls off the door properly?

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The windows will always bog down when moving more than one at a time, because you're diverting more of the current to other windows. The relay for the system can only provide x amount of current, and if you start splitting that up between 2,3,4 windows at once it will slow down all of them.

As for the slow moving anytime, check and grease the tracks.

Check all the wiring in the boots at the doors, these harnesses are prone to failure at the doors.

Panama_Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am having the same issue right now. The lockout button for the other windows is bad. Check your fuse as well, fuse still worked but was burning up the master power window switches.. Let me tell you $3 beats buying more master window switches at $75 per pop..

OP
OP
R

rcolton84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Master switch appears to be fine. When I get some time again I will check the door boot connections. I have taken them off before to wire new speakers and what a pain. Hopefully it works though as the only switch I found was $110 for OEM.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could try jumping the terminals on the master switch to see if the other windows will work.
Do you have the wiring diagram for the master switch?

mark arnold

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
himi 5.7
I have the same issue on my 2003 2500. Can you put a jumper on the lock out switch to check that the switch is good? If so does anyone know how I should do that? And is there a wiring diagram I can download for free you could direct me to?

RAMPAPA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have (had) the exact same problem as described here. On another thread, one member suggested blowing out the armrest master panel on the driver's side. So I pulled the assembly out, disconnected both window and mirror plugs, pulled out my compressor and blew everything out. Reconnected and wallah! They all work. How flaky is that? Must have been a window gremlin.

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 supercharged at 10psi
I had this problem on my 04 dakota and the only way to fix it permanently was to replace the master control on the drivers panel. I prolly cleaned the terminals four or five times before replacing it because it would work and then stop again. I think it was like $80, but once i replaced it, it never acted up again.