Project GreyJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn man! I'm 100% doing the front bumper for now and let the rest grow on me. Lol
I can't do the rear as I use my bed and keep stuff in there.

But the website says a 4.5" backspace is recommended. That is not a 0 offset.
More of a -24 offset
Think about it....those flare stick out probably 3.5-4" more than the stock fenders.
Bushwacker flare are pretty flush with -24 offset rims.

17x8.5 with 0 offset will be sucked it WAY TOO much!
You'd kill yourself with the goofy look.

That's why I said decide on what you're doing with the fenders/flares or none....

I was playing with an offset calculator and I think the 17x8.5 0 offset came out to like an inch if that past the fenders lol. 18x9 -12 offset stuck out a bit more.

I forgot that with the Kore fenders, the stage 2 kit increases front track width allowing them to use a 0 offset wheel getting everything to line up nicely. This truck is with 20x10 wheels, unsure of offset. Also with a 6 inch lift though. What are you planning on doing for wheels/fenders?

0db1feb1.jpg
tiregate.jpg
2011-09-07_150107.jpg

OP
OP
GreyJ

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn those are wide haha I love that truck man

I think ill go like a 17x9 with a -12 I dont know. We will have a tonne of room to play with I think haha because yoir right the stage 2 kit increases it alot

It's hard to pick a wheel to fill the fenders out or no fenders at all lol.

Damn man! I'm 100% doing the front bumper for now and let the rest grow on me. Lol
I can't do the rear as I use my bed and keep stuff in there.

But the website says a 4.5" backspace is recommended. That is not a 0 offset.
More of a -24 offset
Think about it....those flare stick out probably 3.5-4" more than the stock fenders.
Bushwacker flare are pretty flush with -24 offset rims.

17x8.5 with 0 offset will be sucked it WAY TOO much!
You'd kill yourself with the goofy look.

That's why I said decide on what you're doing with the fenders/flares or none....

The pics of that truck are really what sold me since he doesn't have the flares either lol, I love the look.

I think I may end up going without flares because to fill the kore fenders i'd need a pretty negative offset. I've been using this tire chart to figure out offsets etc.

Max_Wheel_Offset_Chart_by_Cody_G_Carson_detail.JPG

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could probably fit a -44 inch wheel on there man haha i want to go 20x10 with something like that, just so that theres enough so that i wont hit that fender, although i dont even know if the kit will be able to travel that much?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good chart!
Those wheels look like 20x10, 24 offset to me as they stick out as far as mine.
Those also look like 37's.
but tires can be deceiving based on lift.
So he either has a 4" lift and 35'a or 6" lift and 37's

Unless he has the KORE suspension which I doubt.

It's hard to pick a wheel to fill the fenders out or no fenders at all lol.

The pics of that truck are really what sold me since he doesn't have the flares either lol, I love the look.

I think I may end up going without flares because to fill the kore fenders i'd need a pretty negative offset. I've been using this tire chart to figure out offsets etc.

Max_Wheel_Offset_Chart_by_Cody_G_Carson_detail.JPG

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could probably fit a -44 inch wheel on there man haha i want to go 20x10 with something like that, just so that theres enough so that i wont hit that fender, although i dont even know if the kit will be able to travel that much?

Too wide man.
That's 4-5" out
20x10 with -24 offset is 4.5" backspace as the kit recommends....

OP
OP
GreyJ

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You will get increased travel with the Icon kit, but you shouldn't have to worry about sucking the wheels far enough into the fender to cause damage. That is unless you decide to grenade yourself off the side of a mountain lol.

Good chart!
Those wheels look like 20x10, 24 offset to me as they stick out as far as mine.
Those also look like 37's.
but tires can be deceiving based on lift.
So he either has a 4" lift and 35'a or 6" lift and 37's

Unless he has the KORE suspension which I doubt.

Like I said i've never had aftermarket wheels so offsets and everything like that are new to me lol.

If I remember correctly, he has a 6inch lift with 37s. Definitely not Kore though. I'd like to go with ideally a 17 inch rim so I can have a meaty side wall for off the roads, but finding a nice offset is the hard part. 18s would be easier.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like I said i've never had aftermarket wheels so offsets and everything like that are new to me lol.

If I remember correctly, he has a 6inch lift with 37s. Definitely not Kore though. I'd like to go with ideally a 17 inch rim so I can have a meaty side wall for off the roads, but finding a nice offset is the hard part. 18s would be easier.

If I was doing 17's
Id run these
Ultra 164 Series Black RWD Wheels - JEGS

They are 17x9, -12 offset which is 4.5' backspacing

OP
OP
GreyJ

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Luckily I've still got a month to decide on wheels lol :emotions122:

OP
OP
GreyJ

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My bonus is in February and I usually get my tax return the same time which is handy lol.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whaaat how do you get it so early?? I was told mine will come in aprill I hope its sooner so I can get you to oick up that bumper :D

OP
OP
GreyJ

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not really sure lol, I like getting it at the same time as my bonus so I don't ask questions hahah! Once I actually get them is when i'll start picking out the parts i'm going to order so you may have your bumper ordered by then.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha well ill start saving now because that would be awesome if you grab it. I hope mounting isnt to hard tho eh

OP
OP
GreyJ

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Install seems manageable, but I don't trust my welding skills for a bumper so i might take it to my brothers shop. He works at a welding shop and said a journeyman would help me out lol. The instructions for it are detailed and through which is nice.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Install seems manageable, but I don't trust my welding skills for a bumper so i might take it to my brothers shop. He works at a welding shop and said a journeyman would help me out lol. The instructions for it are detailed and through which is nice.

The only welding are those bumper brackets, right?

OP
OP
GreyJ

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, bumper brackets and then the shims. The rest is drilling and bolting. Supposedly should take the average guy 4 hours with a helper lol.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah you cut off the stock bracket and put in the new one then use shims to make it perfectly level. All the other stuff is bolt on

Man hook me up!!! Ahaha id pay like a few hundred out here. I know a welder at work but he's a dink n wouldnt do it for me

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking of buying a mig welder to possibly do this myself and keep the welder for other things.
But now you're making thing otherwise. Lol

OP
OP
GreyJ

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah you cut off the stock bracket and put in the new one then use shims to make it perfectly level. All the other stuff is bolt on

Man hook me up!!! Ahaha id pay like a few hundred out here. I know a welder at work but he's a dink n wouldnt do it for me

Many hands make light work lol! I'm figuring with me, my brother, and a journeyman welder it should be a breeze. If I decide to go to his shop lol, if not I may try install myself.

I'm thinking of buying a mig welder to possibly do this myself and keep the welder for other things.
But now you're making thing otherwise. Lol

I have a little mig welder but haven't welded since my 4link on my s10 3 years ago. As long as you know what you're doing you should be fine lol.

Here are the instructions though if you guys wanna check it out.
http://koreperformance.com/instructions/KTS0063.pdf

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Many hands make light work lol! I'm figuring with me, my brother, and a journeyman welder it should be a breeze. If I decide to go to his shop lol, if not I may try install myself.

I have a little mig welder but haven't welded since my 4link on my s10 3 years ago. As long as you know what you're doing you should be fine lol.

Here are the instructions though if you guys wanna check it out.
http://koreperformance.com/instructions/KTS0063.pdf

Saw that instruction. Looks pretty straight forward.
Sell me the mig ;)
But honestly, even if the weld is bad, who is going to see it? As long as its welded right, who care about how it looks