Projector wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramalamadingdong

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a set of OEM projectors I put on my 17 Big Horn 1500 and I am getting the parking light out code. I am using the Retro adapter and have been in contact with them. They sent me resistors to install and a video detailing how to do it. All direction followed and I still get the code. Retro has been notified and they are looking into it but has anyone used the OEM wiring harness for the projectors on the 17's? I have seen it on other but before I go out and spend another 150 bucks on it I want to ensure it works properly without any dealer codes. These lights are turning out to be a bigger PIA than they are worth, but i like the look.

Had the same issue with the rears and just went back to the originals.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Even if you use the OEM projector wiring, you'll still throw codes. The BCM needs to be reflashed to told it has LED Front Turn/Marker Lights. Dealers cannot do this.

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
Try grabbing some 3157 sockets with pigtails and wire them in just like a resistor (with bulbs installed). If the bcm is looking for that resistance (not given by leds) then this should work. I tried using resistors on my led swap and they did nothing. But wiring up the stock bulbs and tucking them away solved everything. Don’t care what you say, there is always a way to trick the system and get bings to work. Just might require a little more effort and trickery. Lol