Puddles under both back seats coming from front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyStill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I know there are many posts on this, however they all tend to point toward issues stemming from the third brake light or rear window drain. I have been dealing with a puddle under the rear passenger seat for awhile now, and only recently found the other side to also have a puddle. I dried them both out and then put my camper on the truck, which means that the entire cab was covered from rain. It sat in the rain over night, and I found puddles again. The only part of the truck exposed to the rain is the hood and windshield. I see no evidence of the windshield leaking.... I'm at a loss on how to find this leak. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
A

AnthonyStill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
No it's definitely water, happening only after a big rain, and without any driving.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's usually from one of a couple of places when you see it under the back seat. The 3rd brake light, the rear window, or the cab vents on the back wall (had this issue myself).
You may have to pull the seats and carpet out and start spraying around with a hose and see if you can figure it out?

/

OP
OP
A

AnthonyStill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah I changed the third brake light and replaced the back window. It doesn't make sense to me that it would be the cab vents if the entire cab was covered by the camper but still leaking....?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I changed the third brake light and replaced the back window. It doesn't make sense to me that it would be the cab vents if the entire cab was covered by the camper but still leaking....?
Do you have a sunroof?

OP
OP
A

AnthonyStill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah but I had a camper on the truck, meaning the entire section that is exposed between the cab and the box of the truck was covered, but it still leaked.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah but I had a camper on the truck, meaning the entire section that is exposed between the cab and the box of the truck was covered, but it still leaked.
Camper wouldn't seal down past the top of the bed rails thought right? So the back of the cab is still exposed between the bed. And unless the camper seals to the back window there's even more area to get rain in.

Like this?
1698341727706.png

OP
OP
A

AnthonyStill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah I suppose if the rain is moving sideways it coukd get in there, but it's still a covered area from above, as the camper bed goes over the entire cab, so just seems unlikely that it would create such a big puddle in both sides over one night...

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Why not just check the vents? It's not too difficult. That's where mine was leaking... it didn't appear that way until I removed the back seat and checked it.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its always the cab vents they need to be re sealed happens on newer rams aswell and its never the window.