Question about power steering fluid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

persuazion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Hey guys........just had to have my power steering cooler replaced because of a leak and just got it back today from the dealership. I noticed when I got home that my fluid is just under the min mark on the reservoir. They could have at least filled it up all the way. My question is that I have some Autozone atf 4 and can I add it to the mopar kind they used so I can top it off. And my reservoir is strange, it has no dipstick at all....just a min and max line about 4 inches apart from each other near the top. Do I add the fluid when hot or cold? And should I put it on the min or max line or right in the middle? Thanks for any advice up front. 2008 hemi....

grpht03ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, you can use the Autozone ATF. All +4 licensed by Chrysler is compatible. Just make sure its on the list.

Licensed ATF+4 Brands | Chrysler

Wait until the engine is cold. If its below the minimum line then add up to the minimum line only. With a warm engine the fluid will expand to the maximum line.

Keep an eye on it the next few days to make sure the level stays ok.

OP
OP
P

persuazion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
OK will do that......thanks for the response.:)

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Yep good advice. As far as i remember one side of the cap dip stick is your cold min max lines and other side hot lines range indicators. Danny