Question on door lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Medicman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hi all.
Question about door locks here. I have a 2012 1500 that does not have a key fob or the capability to have one so I have to manually lock the vehicle upon exiting. I press the door locking control on the driver's door. If I immediately exit and lock it, it functions fine. If I hesitate locking, like if i'm looking for something, then I press the locking control, i doesn't work. I then shut and re-open the door and the locking control suddenly works fine. I continue to have this problem even after replacing the locking mechanism. I suspect a fail safe for not locking your keys in the vehicle. Can anyone verify?
Thanks for reading this and I welcome any info.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
so the only way to unlock your doors is with an actual key, or maybe a Transponder key ?

1686035569236.png

Guess what ? Many Ram owners would almost want that setup.

The trouble with FOBs, you are giving a thief a better chance to steal your truck :(

But, with a FOB, if you have a arm full of groceries & it is raining, you don't have to set the bag down to unlock the door

OP
OP
M

Medicman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Yes its a key only entry. I don't mind it at all. I just wonder why the door lock control seems to disengage when I'm exiting.