Radio displays RAM’s head and stuck on same channel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

w650gb500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning all. I have a 2013 RAM 1500 Big Horn edition and the radio has recently “crapped-out” on me. The display is just showing the RAM’s head and none of the Internet fixes that I’ve tried have worked. The radio is stuck on one station and the only thing that works is the volume control. Looks like I’m now in the market for a new radio as I’m tired of singing to myself the whole time I’m in the truck.

So my question is, do I just buy a used one and swap it out? Buy the larger display screen and convert the bezel and all? Go with an aftermarket unit? I’m just after a basic radio, nothing fancy as I just want to Listen to music while driving.

This is what it looks like.CE1AF4BB-276E-4EB9-A59C-E6FC83F088B8.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Cheapest would be direct replacement from a salvage yard. Cost is $150-$175 for that radio.

Tony_2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn Limited
Engine
There is a fuse under the hood close to the passenger side (at least on a 2018) - this happened to me before and I pulled the fuse and waited 2 minutes and put it back in. This reset it and fixed my issue. The fuse has a cap on it and it is close to the firewall.