Ram keep sending me urgent recall notices, yet they don't have the parts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
This week, I got yet another URGENT NOTICE regarding the transmission dipstick on my 2022 diesel 4X4. The letter urged me to call my dealer TODAY to make an appointment. I called the dealer and left a message for the lady who handles the recalls who didn't get back to me for over a day (guess she is pretty busy given the number of recalls). When I got in my truck last night to go to my jiu jitsu class, the screen lit up with an URGENT CALL RAM, NOW message. I activated the call and got some woman in a third world country who had no clue what was going on so I terminated the call.

Today, I finally got a call from the woman at the dealership who handles the recalls and she told me that, "No, they did not have the part to fix my truck."

Why does RAM behave so stupidly and keep badgering me to make an appointment, when the dealer can't do anything???? It makes me angry and it makes the dealer angry. I have never dealt with a company that has had such poor customer service from the factory. I would be hard pressed to recommend RAM to anyone who asked me for a recommendation on what vehicle to buy.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Meh still supply chain issues, not sure you would have any other luck with any other brand. That said hard to beat a Ford super duty and they look better too boot.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My wife has a folder with all of my recall paperwork. They do over do it a bit there.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
plastic material possibly sprayed with a type of powdercoat

true chrome is metal

Chrome plating involves a long and complex process, beginning with buffing, polishing, cleaning, dipping in acid, adding zinc and copper plating.
For show chrome, the process is finished by re-buffing, cleaning and re-dipping, plating added copper, two to three types of nickel plating and finally, the chrome plating.

OP
OP
HighDesertRam

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Meh still supply chain issues, not sure you would have any other luck with any other brand. That said hard to beat a Ford super duty and they look better too boot.
It's not the supply chain issues I find annoying (although they don't help). It's the "Call your dealer right NOW to make an appointment," when no appointment is possible because no product is available.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You might want to try another dealer if its convenient. Cause I got my stuff all done in a timely manner, especially the dipstick thing after I contacted ram cares.

OP
OP
HighDesertRam

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
You might want to try another dealer if its convenient. Cause I got my stuff all done in a timely manner, especially the dipstick thing after I contacted ram cares.
Unfortunately, there are only two dealers in our area here in Southern Utah. The closest one in our small town is so bad, our sheriff's office won't take their trucks there to be serviced. The next closest one is 45 minutes away and that's the one I have been dealing with. Anything else is three hours away or more.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have a Safety Recall collecting dust

Z46/NHTSA 22V-406

The High Pressure Fuel Pump, ( HPFP ) blah blah blah

I am beginning to think that i should just buy the old model fuel pump
Instead of worrying about it blowing up when i am out of State

Rowdy Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealers won't source parts. Like our exhaust manifold been waiting weeks with no eta. They just blame it on the factory. It took me 1 hour to source the part. But still waiting. I'm not going to buy it because this defect has been going on for years.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Rowdy Ram
I think, The worst thing that can happen with your exhaust manifold is burnt valves

With my Fuel Pump, chances are very good that the engine can blow up

OP
OP
HighDesertRam

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Rowdy Ram
I think, The worst thing that can happen with your exhaust manifold is burnt valves

With my Fuel Pump, chances are very good that the engine can blow up
Actually, the bolt holding the relay can also fail which can end up seriously damaging the 6th cylinder.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
This week, I got yet another URGENT NOTICE regarding the transmission dipstick on my 2022 diesel 4X4. The letter urged me to call my dealer TODAY to make an appointment. I called the dealer and left a message for the lady who handles the recalls who didn't get back to me for over a day (guess she is pretty busy given the number of recalls). When I got in my truck last night to go to my jiu jitsu class, the screen lit up with an URGENT CALL RAM, NOW message. I activated the call and got some woman in a third world country who had no clue what was going on so I terminated the call.

Today, I finally got a call from the woman at the dealership who handles the recalls and she told me that, "No, they did not have the part to fix my truck."

Why does RAM behave so stupidly and keep badgering me to make an appointment, when the dealer can't do anything???? It makes me angry and it makes the dealer angry. I have never dealt with a company that has had such poor customer service from the factory. I would be hard pressed to recommend RAM to anyone who asked me for a recommendation on what vehicle to buy.

Hello,

We are sorry that you had to go through with this experience. If you can please send us a PM with your VIN and Dealership, our team would be happy to look further into this for you. Thank you in advance

William
Ram Cares

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Actually, the bolt holding the relay can also fail which can end up seriously damaging the 6th cylinder.
What your talking about was on older trucks and good old Gale Banks :favorites68: made a big pile of cash knowingly spreading doom and gloom all over the internet knowing full well it only affected trucks with a bad grid relay that was fixed for free under a TSB...

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

What your talking about was on older trucks and good old Gale Banks :favorites68: made a big pile of cash knowingly spreading doom and gloom all over the internet knowing full well it only affected trucks with a bad grid relay that was fixed for free under a TSB...
Neither of these are true. You guys are combining two separate issues that aren’t related to each other.
There is no issue with a bolt holding the relay falling into a cylinder because the relay is mounted in the engine bay outside of the engine near the passenger side battery.
There is no TSB (it’s actually a recall) for a bad grid heater relay that fixes the grid heater bolt issue because the grid heater relay has nothing to do with the grid heater bolt.
The bolt that fails is on the grid heater element itself, and it can fail if it becomes loose, potentially causing arcing.
The grid heater relay recall address a potential short inside the relay itself that could cause a fire.
So, neither issue is related to each other.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Neither of these are true. You guys are combining two separate issues that aren’t related to each other.
There is no issue with a bolt holding the relay falling into a cylinder because the relay is mounted in the engine bay outside of the engine near the passenger side battery.
There is no TSB (it’s actually a recall) for a bad grid heater relay that fixes the grid heater bolt issue because the grid heater relay has nothing to do with the grid heater bolt.
The bolt that fails is on the grid heater element itself, and it can fail if it becomes loose, potentially causing arcing.
The grid heater relay recall address a potential short inside the relay itself that could cause a fire.
So, neither issue is related to each other.
Sad to hear that the person who have me that info about the bolt heating up an falling into #6 a few years ago was incorrect, well :poop:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sad to hear that the person who have me that info about the bolt heating up an falling into #6 a few years ago was incorrect, well :poop:
That person is correct. There can be an issue with the grid heater bolt melting and dropping into #6.
In post 15 above, you made the statement “it only affected trucks with a bad grid relay that was fixed for free under a TSB”, and that is what I’m saying is incorrect because the grid heater relay has nothing to do with why the grid heater bolt can melt and drop.