Ram keep sending me urgent recall notices, yet they don't have the parts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
That person is correct. There can be an issue with the grid heater bolt melting and dropping into #6.
In post 15 above, you made the statement “it only affected trucks with a bad grid relay that was fixed for free under a TSB”, and that is what I’m saying is incorrect because the grid heater relay has nothing to do with why the grid heater bolt can melt and drop.
That was what was passed on to me by independent repair shop...

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ive tried to get my dipstick recall done as well. No dealership in my area has the supplies. Ive driven it about 10k mi since that recall came out. Ill try again in a couple months. If they aint worried about it, I aint either as its well documented that Ive tried to get it fixed multiple times.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I get those notices too but the dealers here dont have the parts. I wont worry about the grid heater till fall and my trans has never got over 173* even towing in 100* heat at 70 so not too worried about the fluid boiling out. will just wait till I get an actual call from my dealer that they can do the recalls.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
As of today my dealer tells me the grid relay's are in stock ready to go, I will get mine done once FCA fixes another dealers screwed up from a dealer in Omak WA, who by inputting one wrong number of the VIN wound up with my VIN being used for another truck when replacing the grid relay under the recall, this has delayed my grid relay from getting replaced until this whole mess is straightened out :favorites68: lucky for me my local dealer provided the info I needed to prove to Ram Cares & an FCA case manager that the other dealer screwed up, I hope they have this fixed real soon...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe that headquarters has a Printer send out what ever notices have to be sent out.

Mean while some one else at headquarters, sends a Fax to which ever company designs & builds the Part in question.
They send the part(s) out to the FCA Warehouses

Then it is up to someone to tell the Dealership Parts Department, that the needed parts are in the company Warehouse.

Eventually, the Parts Dept. should inform the Service Dept. Advisers, that the parts are in stock.

On a couple occasions, i walk into the Parts Dept. & ask them directly if they have the part(s)

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I believe that headquarters has a Printer send out what ever notices have to be sent out.

Mean while some one else at headquarters, sends a Fax to which ever company designs & builds the Part in question.
They send the part(s) out to the FCA Warehouses

Then it is up to someone to tell the Dealership Parts Department, that the needed parts are in the company Warehouse.

Eventually, the Parts Dept. should inform the Service Dept. Advisers, that the parts are in stock.

On a couple occasions, i walk into the Parts Dept. & ask them directly if they have the part(s)
I trust my SA, she went to part dept. came back & showed me the relay so that was good enough for me...

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

bubbafat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Twice I’ve dropped my truck off for a recall and twice they’ve sent it home without doing it.

I get robocalls and emails. By why the hell would a service advisor make two (!) separate appointments for a recall part when they know they done have it?

I’ve bought multiple vehicles from this dealer and I think they will be my last.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Twice I’ve dropped my truck off for a recall and twice they’ve sent it home without doing it.

I get robocalls and emails. By why the hell would a service advisor make two (!) separate appointments for a recall part when they know they done have it?

I’ve bought multiple vehicles from this dealer and I think they will be my last.
Sounds like someone is not doing there job if they are making appointment and don't have the parts, do you have another dealer close by you can go too? BTW I have never had a robocall nor an email about any open recall on my 2022...

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Wow. You must not be registered in their systems correctly. I've gotten all the recall letters for my 22 2500.
I have had snail mail about recalls and I know I'm in there system, being I was given an FCA case manager due to another dealer using my VIN for a recall on another truck with the same color & configuration as mine, the only difference between the 2 trucks is the last digit of the VIN is different....

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have had snail mail about recalls and I know I'm in there system, being I was given an FCA case manager due to another dealer using my VIN for a recall on another truck with the same color & configuration as mine, the only difference between the 2 trucks is the last digit of the VIN is different....
I mis-read your reply. I've only gotten snail mail notices too. The only other place I see them is the Ram owners portal.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well FCA case manager came through and today I had the 13A grid relay installed along with the Y43 DPF sensor installed... Anyone who has a dealer who claims they can't get a new grid relay, I think they be full of :poop: this Mopar store has 72 units in stock: https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-relay-cstp13a1aa the Mopar part number is 68606435AB

Last edited:

steekers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn - 2016 -Ecodiesel
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
I am happy to report that I got the email today in Ontario that my Z46 HPFP is available. Called the dealership and they ordered the pump and will call me when it is in.
Have 2016 Ram 500 Longhorn 3.0L diesel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat