RamForum Exhaust 4th Gen Clips and Vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea that's what I wanted to know since sometimes the videos don't sound anywhere near in real life..I'm probably gunna go that route 1st, if I feel like I want more sound ill slap on the slp loudmouth I got!

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yea that's what I wanted to know since sometimes the videos don't sound anywhere near in real life..I'm probably gunna go that route 1st, if I feel like I want more sound ill slap on the slp loudmouth I got!

Remember, this is with the resonators still intact. If you want louder, you can always remove those. The guy at the muffler shop suggested I see what I think of this set up first before cutting those off since its supposed to be really loud.

TheRookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remember, this is with the resonators still intact. If you want louder, you can always remove those. The guy at the muffler shop suggested I see what I think of this set up first before cutting those off since its supposed to be really loud.

I know they told me the exact thing, but I'm sure with the res on it should be good enough for me....I heard a guy in town with no res and a borla (not sure which) but it sound raspy when acclerating it. Nothing compared to how yours sounds, it's a clean sound all the way threw.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I appreciate it. I've loved it so far. I may go louder one day and throw some 4" tips on it for a deep tone. Also, I don't know if you have the MDS where the engine drops to 4 cylinders, but it sounds like a jake brake at high speeds when it drops down.

TheRookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ur welcome buddy! I'm just looking for a clean loudish sound for mine, I may try different setups just to see how it sounds. And yea I got mds, I might take it off once the 2013 tuners are released since I see no real use in having it

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It does have use in my opinion. Does it come on often? No, but that's because I do a lot of city driving and have a lead foot. Do I want it? Yes, because there are moments that it helps with MPG. Every little bit helps IMO.

TheRookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea u got a point, it does come on often when I'm at low speeds and when I keep my foot off the gas which is rare lol....I forgot to ask u, do u think u lost any power by ditching the stock muffler and getting a y pipe??

ShortBed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with Magnuson Supercharger 6lbs of boost
Alright here my new one with the blower on the dyno. Cant remember if the cut out was open or not.th_IMG_2246_zps5e0d0200.jpg"]th_IMG_2246_zps5e0d0200.jpg[/URL] Click on the photo

Last edited:

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, I like.. Pics/more info on tips?

I bought the tips off ebay. You can find them on Amazon as well. Simply search MBRP Tips & RBP Adapters or Exhaust adapters. I forget exact name but it should find them easily.

They are 5" MBRP tips w/RBP Tip Adapters added. The tips themselves are 4" inlet, 5" outlet. So you'll need the adapters to fit them, I went with 2.5" inlet, 4" outlet for the adapter. However I did find out that the stock exhaust is more like 2.25", since the 2.5" adapter slid right over.

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Holy hell. Pricey. I may just paint my stockers.

Anyone have a video inside their truck with mufflex 14 or 18 with mds on? I want to try to hear the drone..

Bigman656

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Any power loss with straight pipes? I did it with my tundra and I noticed a difference especially at highway speed, but I hear its not at bad with the bigger engines.

Since I had this done 6 days after purchase, it's a little tough to tell if I did lose power or not. I believe I did lose a little bit of low end power when starting out, but on the high end I feel like I may have picked up some with the open exhaust. I had the same set up (minus resonators and HEMI) in my '97 5.9L and it definitely didn't have the power this thing has. From what I hear, a ported TB and tuner will help the throttle response and get that power back.

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since I had this done 6 days after purchase, it's a little tough to tell if I did lose power or not. I believe I did lose a little bit of low end power when starting out, but on the high end I feel like I may have picked up some with the open exhaust. I had the same set up (minus resonators and HEMI) in my '97 5.9L and it definitely didn't have the power this thing has. From what I hear, a ported TB and tuner will help the throttle response and get that power back.

I'm looking to make my truck louder then it is now with the Mufflex 14. I'm debating between the Gibson cat back or just doing a muffler delete all together. Do you think the Mufflex delete pipe would be close to the sound of your truck? I just don't want to cut up the stock exhaust since it's a lease!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Being a lease, isn't it against your agreement to make any modifications? Also, when the lease is up, wouldn't you have to pay them if its not returned in the condition it was leased at? If I was leasing a vehicle, I wouldn't do anything to the vehicle.

Edit: As for the sound, I wouldn't know about the sound of the mufflex. I've never used an exhaust product other than cutting out the muffler and replacing it with a pipe.

Last edited:

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've done things to just about all my leased vehicles just aslong as it's not a permanent or substantial change. Like I wouldn't go and do a 6 inch lift or anything. But a bolt on exhaust and other small things I've never had any issues with. The Mufflex pipes are all bolt in so I don't need to cut anything and my factory exhaust can go right back on when my lease is up. Thanks for the input on the sound tho. Maybe I'll swing by Mufflex and see if he has anything there with the delete kit to hear it. Thanks again!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2