RBP Grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Daggum!

That seems really high! I see grills like that a lot though so somebody buys them. Mine was $119 shipped. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384283165.470216.jpg

I'm sure there is a big quality difference, At least there better be!

All the same, I like how the rivets contrast with the chrome surround. Looks good.

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DanielSix26, How did you do that ?
For that cheap. Been wanting to change my grill for some time now

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Daggum!

That seems really high! I see grills like that a lot though so somebody buys them. Mine was $119 shipped. View attachment 18001

All the same, I like how the rivets contrast with the chrome surround. Looks good.

Love that look! No luck in finding the 2013 yet.

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you painted the frame around the grill red ?
Because on the picture, everything is black. and that is why I wasn`t going with those.
Beside, would love to get a honeycomb grill.
Thanks for the links tho

Mine is an insert. I had to cut out the cross hair and bolt this grill into the original frame. I actually went with this one so I wouldn't have to have it painted.

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is an insert. I had to cut out the cross hair and bolt this grill into the original frame. I actually went with this one so I wouldn't have to have it painted.

I thought about doing that. So no paint necessary at all ?
Do you have a step by step DIY ?
You got me back into digging this grill again haha

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Daggum!

That seems really high! I see grills like that a lot though so somebody buys them. Mine was $119 shipped. View attachment 18001

How do you install these insert grills? Thanks

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you install these insert grills? Thanks

If you get the four panel inserts I think it might not be to difficult. If you do a single panel grill It is a pain. If you have experience with the cutting and bending end of the mechanicing spectrum you should do fine.

I know most of the high dollar grills are way easier to install.

First, You have to remove the entire grill

Separate grill shell from grill

Cut all of the edges off the grill honeycomb so you can reattach it later as your grill uses these pieces to attach to the truck.

Cut out the "cross hair" center of the grill.

Paint the cut edges black

Test fit the grill

Make the necessary bends to the brackets for fitment

Put the grill in the grill frame and somehow get it straight. Once you get it in the perfect spot use your third arm and grab a marker to mark your drill holes.

Curse profusely when the grill pops out as you reach for the marker. Repeat multiple times.

Mark drill and the bolt the grill into the frame. Attach the old grill insert edging to the grill frame.

Put it on the truck.

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To the op, I apologize, I was replying to questions in my email and just realized what thread this was on. I didn't mean to hijack. Sorry about that.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
If you get the four panel inserts I think it might not be to difficult. If you do a single panel grill It is a pain. If you have experience with the cutting and bending end of the mechanicing spectrum you should do fine.

I know most of the high dollar grills are way easier to install.

First, You have to remove the entire grill

Separate grill shell from grill

Cut all of the edges off the grill honeycomb so you can reattach it later as your grill uses these pieces to attach to the truck.

Cut out the "cross hair" center of the grill.

Paint the cut edges black

Test fit the grill

Make the necessary bends to the brackets for fitment

Put the grill in the grill frame and somehow get it straight. Once you get it in the perfect spot use your third arm and grab a marker to mark your drill holes.

Curse profusely when the grill pops out as you reach for the marker. Repeat multiple times.

Mark drill and the bolt the grill into the frame. Attach the old grill insert edging to the grill frame.

Put it on the truck.

Thanks man, Sounds like a lot of work. lol

good info though. Might try it

OP
OP
Chadillac

Chadillac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like it a lot, but that price is just ridiculous..

Yah, but it was free for me, otherwise there is no was no way I would pay half that for a grille! I took the star off and it looks 10x better! I'll post some more pics soon!

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yah, but it was free for me, otherwise there is no was no way I would pay half that for a grille! I took the star off and it looks 10x better! I'll post some more pics soon!

How did you get it for free?!

OP
OP
Chadillac

Chadillac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you get it for free?!

I live in Southern California where RBP is located and they put an ad out of Instagram asking for a truck to use for prototyping...I got lucky and replied early enough for them to still need the truck!